Another bitter ex-pro (dopage)

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2010 in Pro race
New posting on Tuttobici where an ex-pro talks about what they used to get up to in the old (90's) days. Whoever it was did a Gianetti and ended up in hospital critically ill.

http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?pa ... 35105&tp=n

The bit about doctors in hospitals "cutting" EPO for sick people to sell it to cyclists was a bit mad.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Agreed, scary stuff!
  • Can't read Italian on iPhone. Any clues what it says before I can get on computer and translate it?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    P = Pantani
    V = Vandenbrook

Who's F?

Very good read. The saddest bit is the parents shoveling this crap into their kids for some twisted shot at fame and riches.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    this rider's story will justify yet more LA bashing in 2011 I guess, bashing cycling as well in many threads, giving no credit for the fact loads of people have been caught, that there is a collective responsibility for the cutlure and some heros, retired, have their fortunes and cred intact and you say nothing about them!! less of the double standards in 2011
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Dave_1 wrote:
    this rider's story will justify yet more LA bashing in 2011 I guess, bashing cycling as well in many threads, giving no credit for the fact loads of people have been caught, that there is a collective responsibility for the cutlure and some heros, retired, have their fortunes and cred intact and you say nothing about them!! less of the double standards in 2011

Dave, I don't think the double standard accusation is fair, many people are criticised on these threads. Lance may receive more, but then he's higher up the food chain so what do you expect? In terms of fortunes I think your boy Lance has a pretty giant intact one. You know what, if he'd have stayed away all of this probably wouldn't be happening right now, but his ego put him where he is, not the angry rants of a few people posting on forums.