Cheapest place to buy Cannondale Carbon Flash frame?

rasped
rasped Posts: 40
edited January 2011 in MTB buying advice
Perhaps a 2010 frame?
Any tips about where (online) in UK or Germany this would be?
Thanks.

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    If you want it with a Lefty:

http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/Cannondale-2010-Flash-Frameset-Hi-Mod-incl.-Lefty-REP_detail_7618_31.html

Or this seems like a ridiculous bargain, though I'm unclear as to whether it's exactly the same frame:

http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/Cannondale-2010-Flash-Carbon-4-RED_detail_7019_31.html

It'd definitely be worth asking at least.

EDIT: I think there's a German store called Dr. Cannondale or similar too. They had good prices when a friend wanted a Scalpel a couple of years ago. I seem to rmember there was some issue with shipping though.
  • rasped
    That was a great tip. Any more links or experiences from anyone?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The 4 isn't the Hi-Mod frame, so it's not the really light one IIRC.
  • rasped
    Thanks for that clarification. I noticed other offers, which had the bike weigh in a about 10 kg. I would like a frameset that enables an approx. 8 kg bike.
  • njee20
    You're talking about a couple of hundred grams difference frame, throw enough money at it and you'll get an 8kg bike out of either frame. Not gonna be cheap though, assuming you're using gears and suspension forks. In fact, I weighed a friends Flash Team Ultimate jobby at 8.5kg, so Im not sure seeking out the cheapest frame deal will make that much difference!
  • rasped
    I am happy to hear your suggestions. It is always nice to be working with real numbers based on real bikes.
  • njee20
    My suggestions on how to reach 8kg?

Lefty DLR Ti SL fork, or whatever it's called!
    ZTR Podium wheels, or Innolites, AX Lightness etc, sommat around 1200g at most
    XX group
    Single ring
    Schmolke seatpost and bars, New Ultimate stem
    Tune saddle or similar
    Egg Beater 11 pedals
    Furious Fred tyres, not much use, but good weight
    Smattering of alu bolts, and some pimpy parts

Doubt you'll manage it for less than £6000, unless you really hunt for second hand bits, even then you'll need some fairly mental parts to do it IMO.
  • rasped
    That is very concrete. I have the ZTR Podium rims and the XX front derailleur.
    Did you have any brakes in mind? And brake discs?
  • njee20
    Discs I'd go for KCNC if you want sensible, or Scrub Raceday if you want the lightest.

Brakes are personal, XX, XTR race, Marta SL etc. 160/140 (although I'm not sure you can run 140 on a Flash) with alu bolts.

Flog that front mech too and go single ring. With the Hollogram SI BB30 cranks.

Basically... You need to look at the spec of the Utimate, then shave off some weight.
  • rasped
    Thank you for the ideas. yes, 140 on the back could be nice. When you say flog the front mesh, what size for the ring do you have in mind? 39? What about the cassette?