please help need advice

anthony59
anthony59 Posts: 13
edited December 2010 in Road beginners
turbo trainers or rollers

Comments

• peanut1978
    peanut1978 Posts: 1,031
    rollers for pedalling efficiency, turbo trainers offer greater resistance and are more suited to intervals, ultimately both are incredibly boring
  • i use rollers, i find them more fun and you can still hurt on them :)

resistance is not great, but you have to concentrate all the time,

both have their plus points really
  • Rollers versus turbos - lots of old threads on this. Naturally there's no right answer. Except perhaps to use both (or neither!)

I hate 'artificial' gym based excercise. My mind can't ignore the fact that despite all the effort I'm not actually moving! But when needs must I like my rollers too. It's been so cold recently I finally managed to convince Mrs Sugarbeet to let me do my rollering in the house, rather than out in the shed. The security of riding between a door frame is a wonder.

II have no problem with resistance, just ride faster. I only ever ride for short periods - usually do a warm up and a time trial style ten miler.Any longer than that and I'm not sure what would finish me off first...

a) Corrosion from sweat
    b) Catastophic crash caused by a lack of attention
    c) Pure boredom
    Cylon cats - have no plan
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I bought elite arion resistance rollers recently, and for the first 10 mins wished i'd bought turbo (scary - so much concentration needed), after a couple of falls you get used to it and feel more 'secure' it does offer a very good workout, tho as previous posters have said a boring way to keep in shape when weather to bad to go outside
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I bought elite arion resistance rollers recently, and for the first 10 mins wished i'd bought turbo (scary - so much concentration needed), after a couple of falls you get used to it and feel more 'secure' it does offer a very good workout, tho as previous posters have said a boring way to keep in shape when weather to bad to go outside
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....