Want Ice with That?

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited December 2010 in MTB general
Holey bloody moley - was going to take my Cube Reaction through the woods then up the road to the military road than runs the length of the Black Isle - then I saw the state of the road! 5-10mm of solid ice across its entire width. Now I have Ice Spiker Pros on and the short section I did was perfect but I'd be climbing a 1:10 single track hill and I didn't fancy meeting a car coming down and having it wipe me out. I've never seen worse road even last winter. Stayed in the woods which was fine if a bit dull.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• Ha ha know exactly what you mean. I've been desperate to get out, and ended up sliding about on both the puffer and Craig Dunain recently. With no spikes unfortunately. :(

Going to try Dunain again tomorrow - wish me luck. :shock:
  • Pfft. softies! I am in Strasbourg, France where it's seriously iced up and covered in over 12 inches of snow in some places
    Went out to the forest today and was amazed at how my people were out on their MTB and even commuter bikes despite the arctic conditions.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pfft. softies! I am in Strasbourg, France where it's seriously iced up and covered in over 12 inches of snow in some places
    Went out to the forest today and was amazed at how my people were out on their MTB and even commuter bikes despite the arctic conditions.

But noticed you are not on your bike, but snuggled up with your lady, getting all gooey.
    Glad you are having a ball.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Pfft. softies! I am in Strasbourg, France where it's seriously iced up and covered in over 12 inches of snow in some places

I was out on my bike just not on the roads with cars - even winter tyres on a car aren't perfect on sheet ice. The spikers are great on ice though.

Wouldn't want to have been on any of the trails around here without them
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH