Which roller?

Teach
Teach Posts: 386
Just looking for a quick bit of advice. I'm looking at buying some rollers. My choices are Tacx Antares or Cyclops PVC rollers. The cyclops say for indoor use only. I can't see me being in a rush to use them outside but does it mean the cyclops are less robust?
Any comments appreciated.

Comments

• NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Ribble has the Taxc on special price at the moment. Just ordered myself a set 8)
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Try these:

5304932659_2f3cda52c7_m.jpg
  • I'm after the Tacx ones too - that price at the Ribble is the best I've seen by a good few quid and I've done plenty of searching.
    Cheers

Andy
    Cyclist, Massage Therapist & Ice Cream Genius
    Andrew Creer Massage
  • I bought the Tacx Antares from Ribble for something silly like £88 a couple of months ago and although it's my first set I can't see anything wrong with them in terms of functionality and you could probably use them outside. Pretty easy to put together and I've had no problems riding on them at all.

Only drawback is that they aren't particularly portable. I've seen some really small fold out ones that people bring to the track for warming up on but if they're for the spare room/garage these are pretty spot on for the price
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    De Sisti wrote:
    Try these:

5304932659_2f3cda52c7_m.jpg
    Apart from the problem that there is no longer a UK importer for these and Inside Ride won't sell directly from the US to markets where the licensed Elite E-motion rollers have been released.

And anyway, I don't think they're in the OP's budget...

BTW, re the OP's original question - if you can, get aluminium drum rollers. You get a quieter, better quality ride and they are kinder to your tyres.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Teach
    Teach Posts: 386
    Thank you Eddy S. You are correct the e-mation aren't in my budget. I have a turbo, just want a cheapish roller for technique and something different especially in these winter months. What I don't want to do is buy something and wish I'd spent an extra £20 or avoided a certain brand like the plague due to known issues.

De Sisti I will try the e-motion rollers if you are willing to give me a set! :D
    Cheers.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Teach wrote:
    Thank you Eddy S. You are correct the e-mation aren't in my budget. I have a turbo, just want a cheapish roller for technique and something different especially in these winter months. What I don't want to do is buy something and wish I'd spent an extra £20 or avoided a certain brand like the plague due to known issues.

De Sisti I will try the e-motion rollers if you are willing to give me a set! :D
    Cheers.
    Take a look at the Minoura rollers - I have a set of these as my race warm-up rollers. They are light and very portable - I've stopped using my Tacx rollers since getting these. The only down-side is that you can't add a resistance unit to the Minouras.

Oh, and De Sisti does have a point about the E-Motions - they are fabulous - I know as I also have a set! 8)
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.