aidrie to bathgate cycle path

lmk1
lmk1 Posts: 95
edited December 2010 in Road beginners
the airdrie to bathgate cycle path (part of sustrans route 75) has been shut for a couple of years but was scheduled to re open at the start of december. Has anyone been out on it? The snow is begining to melt and i was wondering if this is open again and passable given all the recent snow/ ice.

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    As the rail line is open I assume the cycle path is open as well.

Let me know if you find out for sure though. I'd quite like to ride that route myself.
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Yes. It's open and rideable. The opening ceremony has been put off until April. Check CTC, Go Bike or Spokes websites for updates.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    The Path is NOT open !!!! - It wont open till the Spring of next year.

All of it has not yet been tarmac`d yet. Since there has been 5 weeks of lying snow it`s behind schedule.
  • I'd stay off anything but main roads at the moment because not all the ice has melted. I was planning my first ride in ages tomorrow, but a lassie in my work said it's still icey in Waterfoot. :?
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Sorry. I was given wrong information.
    The planned opening was postponed less than a week beforehand indicating, I felt, that the path was ready to go but held up simply because of the weather.
    Can anyone from that area tell me about a path from Strathclyde Park to Chatelherault?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Woodywmb wrote:
    Sorry. I was given wrong information.
    The planned opening was postponed less than a week beforehand indicating, I felt, that the path was ready to go but held up simply because of the weather.
    Can anyone from that area tell me about a path from Strathclyde Park to Chatelherault?
    Not been on it but some local guys said it was really icy last week. That was before the thaw started though so it could have improved.

Chatelherault itself it still really treturous as of yesterday though. One of the guys walked it yesterday and said it was inadvisable to even do that in parts.