Got given topeak saddle bag but does it fit?

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited December 2010 in MTB general
Hi

got given a topeak aero wedge pack large for my spez rockhopper bike.

I been trying to fit it and the straps seem very wied, do they cross over the top or bike when they connect or do they just go over each rail of the saddle per strap?

also i wondering is it normal for your thighs to rub against the saddle bag? i not fat or anything but i getting some rubbing when i tried to mount it, i wondering is this due to my saddle wrongly placed or what?

need some advice as there no videos or pictures showing how this thing fits or works and the pictures on the card that comes with product are really poor to see.

cheers
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• I got rid of mine on my roadie because it was rubbing on my shorts and making a mess of them. I now store everything in my beltbag which I use riding either road or MTB (just need to remember to swap innertubes)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Velcro strap around the seatpost and the other straps go around the saddle rails.
    Used one for years and it never rubbed - pull the straps tight and it should be pretty much hidden under the rear of the saddle.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Velcro strap around the seatpost and the other straps go around the saddle rails.
    Used one for years and it never rubbed - pull the straps tight and it should be pretty much hidden under the rear of the saddle.

This. I have used mine about 6 months now, albeit not the exact model but their all basicallz the same.

Amazing little things they are once they are set up properly. Holds all my tools, plus spare tube and other parts.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Amazing little things they are once they are set up properly. Holds all my tools, plus spare tube and other parts.
    Even more amazing when they commit suicide and jettison themselves without you knowing. Then you find yourself broken down in the middle of a trail with no tools, tube or parts.
  • this happened to my mbuk multi tool in a saddle bag :lol:

DSC02883.jpg
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    this happened to my mbuk multi tool in a saddle bag :lol:

That might say more about the tool than the bag :lol:
  • GHill wrote:
    this happened to my mbuk multi tool in a saddle bag :lol:

That might say more about the tool than the bag :lol:

lol this is true.

But my puncture repair kit was emptied too