riding buddies near west Lothian area

specialized hardrock
edited December 2010 in MTB rides
hi folks

I've been looking for some riding buddies near west Lothian area or possibly Edinburgh let me know if any one is in this area. I do a lot of night rides and just general cycling at weekends.
I also do mountain biking some weekends usually go to glentress, pentlands and have also been up to carron valley

let me know if anyone is in these areas or goes to mountian biking places near these areas

cheers
carrera vengeance ultimate 11
specialized hardrock sport pro 05
commencal combi disc 08
trek 3900 04

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Hiya Spec, We are a MTB Meet Up group, and have members from all over the Central Belt. Currently a growing crop from Falkirk, and do Carron Valley, Glentress, and other trail Centres as well as other weekend stuff all over. All free to join and ride, all we ask is that you enjoy yourself!! See the link below.

Enjoy....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Go on Singletrackworld and watch out for the weekly Bike Chain rides, mtb scotland would be a good one too, often rides going on.[/quote]
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Aldo001
    Aldo001 Posts: 251
    Bump...
    Know any places to ride within umm... riding distance?
    No car so I am limited to the local area :?
  • Northwind
    Ah, Linlithgow? There's some lovely riding up Beecraigs. You'd really need a local to show you around though, I was just following people, doubt I could find much of it again. Definately go on MTB Scotland, it was one of their group rides I was there with, had a great day. Til the M9 got closed for ice and it took us 6 hours to get back to Edinburgh anyway :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Aldo001
    Yeah I've been up there a couple of times but didn't find too much.
    I did come across a decent bit that us up near a large bomb hole type thing.
    You start up near the hole, then go down a bit of singletrack, then it is a bit twisty though some trees.
    Was good fun but pretty short.
    Cheers, will check out that site.
    Haha, that might have been one day out of the week and a half snow days off school we got :p

There is a ride on the 2nd Jan up at beecraigs... Might need to see if i can tag along... :D
  • Northwind
    Ah, Dave Hamill's birthday ride... Yeah, that was when I was up there last time. Great day out, plus, we got in a snowball fight. Sure you'll be welcome, I hardly knew anyone last time never mind the birthday boy.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Aldo001
    :lol:
    Yeah, need those forks to be sent tomorrow then hopefully Edinburgh bike co-op would be able to fit me in almost immediately... I know there is no chance of that happening but I can hope ;)