Turbo Trainer- Jet Fluid Pro Setup?

Daystate
Daystate Posts: 14
Hoping that someone can help me with the setup.

I have had one go on it and struggled to last 35 minutes in sixth gear (Small chain ring and sixth cassette ring from the wheel), keeping a cadence of 90rpm. It seem's pretty tough to me which is contrary to other posts I have seen on this trainer. (Just to clarify, I am not super fit but not a couch potato either, so only managing sixth gear seems a bit odd!!)

When I locate the bike wheel in the trainer and compress the roller on to it, it appears to press the tire in by about 6mm. Is their any adjustability to this or not? You can obviously ride and turn the pedals, but to give you an idea of the resistance, if you were to turn the crank with your hand, you have to put quite a bit of effort in just to rotate it.

Looking forward to the responses.

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Try pumping the tyre up a bit?
  • I had it at about 105psi, is that about right?
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Daystate wrote:
    I had it at about 105psi, is that about right?

Seems reasonable. I'm out of ideas
  • Maybe this might help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lorgrTPxlbs Ive have the jet fluid pro and my tyre squashes in quite abit also.At first i thought it to be excessive and tryed altering it to less tension on the tyre this left the tyre slipping and squealing so i now have it set as it came from cyclops.I use the conti trainer specific tyre at 100 psi if that helps.turbo training isnt easyThe faster you go the more the trainers resistance increases.Good luck.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Just apply enough pressure so that it doesn't slip.

I use a trainer tyre as I found that normal tyres break up and fill the room with a horrible rubber smell.
  • How do you alter the tension? According to the video and manual once you have moved the roller to the wheel you just flip up the lever and this always compresses the tire by approx 6mm. Is there a way of reducing this pressure?

Many Thanks.
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    Don't push the roller all the way to the tyre?
  • On my Cycleops The lever is on a threaded screw. Just slacken it off.
  • This video shows how to alter pressure on roller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2JPGB0C ... re=related
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You need to slacken it off, sounds like you have it way too close!
  • Nap could you post a picture of how your tyre looks on the roller so us lesser experienced turbo users have something to go of.Thanks.
  • Ive tried to turn the handle on my trainer as the video shows above but it doesn`t seem to want to play?.