GEOX pulling out?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2010 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Cor blimey.
    If, as La Gazzetta suggest, that the agreement between Geox and Gianetti was based on ProTeam status, then that's the budget down the plug hole.

I wonder who would have the readies available to pick up Dennis on the rebound?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Cor blimey.
    If, as La Gazzetta suggest, that the agreement between Geox and Gianetti was based on ProTeam status, then that's the budget down the plug hole.

Katusha, but on half the wages they offered first time round. Also Saxo may have some money spare in a few weeks.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,097
    Gianetti must be one hell of a salesman. GEOX had a chance to take over the title sponsorship of Saronni's well established Lampre squad, but instead they jumped ship to Gianetti, despite his dubious reputation and weak team.

The signings of Sastre and Menchov are window dressing though, the team might have some promising youngsters but there's no depth and they've been anonymous this year so it's no surprise they didn't get a ProTour place. Factor in their chequered doping past and is any one really surprised they didn't get that license?
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Cor blimey.

Saxo Bank?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I'd like to see what Riis could do with Menchov.
  • I'd like to see what Riis could do with Menchov

Riis is about the only team manager not to have had Menchav.

perhaps he could help him saty upreet..................
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Carlos to Saxo Bank - the prodigal son returns?!
    Surely Menchov won't have any problem finding a seat...............even if it is on less attractive terms!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And it continues

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/geox-an ... it-cycling

Trying to get rid of Gianetti but he's not having any of it.

2 teams imploding within a week or two must be some kind of record, if it happens
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    And it continues

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/geox-an ... it-cycling

Trying to get rid of Gianetti but he's not having any of it.

2 teams imploding within a week or two must be some kind of record, if it happens

Pat's cock a maimy concept is actually making the team/rider situation more unstable and volatile.

Ironically, we now have Sastre and Menchov following Robbie Mc, in being linked with a possible Radio Shack pick up.
    Bruyneel beats Riis (again) to the bargain basement sale.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    What a farce. Gianetti's got a stinky reputation but he has been trying to make things better, turning Footon into an apparently clean team (that might explain the results).

But there's a big problem here. Gianetti owns the team but the sponsors pay the money. Something has to give as the two sides are effectively at war with each other.