Turbo trainer works for me!

V5ade
V5ade Posts: 192
edited December 2010 in MTB general
following on from http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
I bought a Tacx Satori, it's set up in my conservatory at the moment. Although I can't reach the bars of the bike I can sit upright with a sling on.
I've done an hour today, and it's given me the excuse to start watching 24 from series one again :-)
Hopefully it'll keep me sane during my recovery.
Somewhere in the Surrey Hills :-)

Comments

• good stuff, hows the shoulder bearing up ?
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • V5ade
    The shoulder is screwed, but I can lift a beer with my other arm :-D
    My aim is to do an hour every day on the trainer so at least I won't be too unfit by the time I'm able to ride again.
  • as the docs wont do any more surgery they have prescribed me 25mg amytriptalline daily, although in higher doses its used for depression, used in the small dose it blocks nerve pain. and it works ! might be worth asking about if you dont already get it.
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • V5ade
    jonnyc2420 wrote:
    as the docs wont do any more surgery they have prescribed me 25mg amytriptalline daily, although in higher doses its used for depression, used in the small dose it blocks nerve pain. and it works ! might be worth asking about if you dont already get it.
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, however at the moment I've decided to try to wean myself of the pain meds. I want to feel exactly what going on in the shoulder so I can understand if it's getting better or not.