Spinning Bikes....for a tall bloke...???

enduroexpert
enduroexpert Posts: 18
Mornin'

What Spinning bikes can users recommend for a tall bloke.

Looking for a quality Spinning Bike, never owned one before, have room to leave permanently setup, so don't need "turbo trainer + bike". I'm 6' 5' and have a 36" inside leg. Over the Christmas holidays thought I'd go and have a look at some stockists of quality spinning bikes, but as they're few and far between I don't want wasted trips.

Any help much appreciated.......

Cheers

Johnny
Cheers

Johnny

Comments

• Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    "Time spent on reconnaissance is never wasted".
  • How about trying out some different models at any local gyms - so you know what you're gettinsg, pros & cons etc. Spinning bikes are good & solid but rarely give you your 'perfect' 'on your own bike' set up.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    The Wattbike is worth a serious look if you budget covers it - it’s a lot more then just a spin bike. They also do a long seatpost option...
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Eddy S wrote:
    The Wattbike is worth a serious look if you budget covers it - it’s a lot more then just a spin bike. They also do a long seatpost option...
    The wattbike is the perfect choice without a doubt but that's never going to make it through the front door because of the amount I've recently spent on bikes. I should have said I'm my original thread I'm realistically looking from £500 - £1000...

Thanks for the replies guys

Johnny
    Cheers

Johnny
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    http://www.startrac.com/uk-en/Cardio/detail.aspx?id=228

this range will fit.
    I wouldnt spend that much on a spin bike that it stops you getting out on the road for proper training.So for the few weeks you are truly off the bike it is a LOT of money to have gathering dust and hanging various items of yours or your wife's laundry from MARCH to NOVEMBER.

Maybe just hangin in there with a few sessions of classes at local gym?
    As long as you dont have arguments with the sports centre about swapping over the pedals and them having a hissy fit about health and safety - the idiots.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Have you thought about joining a gym that does spin classes, that what I have done for the last 7 years. I find doing the classes with others motivates me more and I have the use of all the other facilities... fully equipped gym, three studios one with 22 spin bikes, dance aerobics, total tone, body pump, line dance, express body combat, aerobics, quick spin, easy rider, spin, body balance yoga pilates/back care, aqua aerobics in pool with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and that's just a Monday!
    Also during the rest of the week as well as the above there is early bird workout, Latino aerobics, abs blast, legs bums and tums, step up, boxercise, express body pump, Latin Dancecise, nia, Tia-Chi, Pilates on the ball. Needless to say I don't do them all but most folk find something to their liking. In all during one week there are 13 spin classes.
    There is a nice lounge with excellent catering for the dining area.

and you meet people :lol: