Landis Films Michael Ball's Dope Stash..........

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
edited December 2010 in Pro race
FLandis goes under cover for the feds and it looks like he has caught Mr "Rocky " Ball red handed.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6788/ ... ation.aspx
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I can't say who's the biggest slimeball here.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    If Ball is being targeted, does it make it any more likely that Hamilton will spill the beans?
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    I can't say who's the biggest slimeball here.

What?
    Surely this boosts Landis's supposed lack of credibility, with both the feds and the general public.
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, for some it seems.

Not sure if this is a direct result of the Interpol get together, but we also have the French announcing a mega major Marseille ring busted. Some 10,000 anabolic steroid users in France, 200,000 European wide, all looking for a new supplier.
    http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews ... MD20101218

(I'm glad Iain must be Christmas pressie shopping, today! :P )
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It makes you wonder how much other physical evidence Floyd has provided relating to the other players in the case.

A fair amount, I'd guess.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Rock Racing is a real sympathetic outfit NOT.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/08/04/an ... m-jerseys/

Though fat cyclist has become more and more a front for commercials these days, I agree with this summation.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    There are two things with this that interest me. First we have Landis working closely with the authorities, it is clear he is working for them and also delivering results. Attempts to paint him as a marginalised liar could come up against testimony from agents about his cooperation and efforts. Second, it seems the FBI is going after a lot of people and you could say they are casting a wide net. This isn't just about US Postal being hoodwinked by Bruyneel and company.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Don't think many other people will be speaking to Landis and incriminating themselves after this!

Maybe he managed to snag some other folks with the whole hidden mic trick before this news got out.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Bet there's a few ex-teammates wondering what they said and whether Flandis was wired :wink:

Can't wait to hear what the Fabricator has to say now Landis is dripping in Fed cred :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pokerface wrote:

Maybe he managed to snag some other folks with the whole hidden mic trick before this news got out.

I reckon he's been working with the feds for a long time. Well before the email etc.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

I reckon he's been working with the feds for a long time. Well before the email etc.

Yup.
    Anybody planning on no longer talking to Floyd, has missed the boat.
    Apparently, rumour has it, that this "sting" took place in the Spring.
    Too late to shut the barn door.

I wonder if the RR bust will now be used as leverage towards getting Tyler "The Clam" Hamilton to open up?

HGH? I thought it would have been jean doping. :P :oops:
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I don't get why the FBI would be getting involved in cycling when the likes of the NFL etc has been doped up for years??
  • So, when did Landis film this??

Landis surely is persona non gratis in the cycling community since May, you'd think most people in the loop would not trust him so I'm wondering if this was?? Before May?? I don't think the story says. Of course it has to be from before the initial story of his coming out and making accusations. Perhaps this is just a leaked news story.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    There was an article some time ago saying that RR were under investigation pre-Armstrong/USPS - this confirms that, and points to the fact that intel from the RR investigation has informed Novitzky's subsequent enquiries
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,217
    This is turning into a strange bonfire of the vanaties exercise.