Arenberg remains in P-R for 2011

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arenber ... baix-route

Phew.

Now, if only it would blinking well RAIN on the day.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Amen brother!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    iainf72 wrote:
    Now, if only it would blinking well RAIN on the day.

Sod rain. How about snow?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Walking home half cut last night I wondered what P-R would be like in the snow.

Then, I came to the conclusion, cancelled
  • Think it snowed in '94, the year Tchmil won. Still, excellent news, really looking forward to it!
  • Think it snowed in '94, the year Tchmil won. Still, excellent news, really looking forward to it!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Was anyone else a little disappointed with the arenburg this year? It didn't really break it up as much as other years. All it really served to do was to get rid of the odd quick-step rider (which says more about quickstep then the arenburg). Was not as selective as previous years.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Was anyone else a little disappointed with the arenburg this year? It didn't really break it up as much as other years. All it really served to do was to get rid of the odd quick-step rider (which says more about quickstep then the arenburg). Was not as selective as previous years.

I think it has become increasingly less effective in splitting the race since they started placing the barriers along the edge. Not only do they prevent riders fromusing the grass verge and dodging behind the spectators, but as the riders try to keep in from the barrier footings, the "usable" width of the road has dropped significantly, making it easier to control the front of the bunch.

"A Paris–Roubaix without rain is not a true Paris–Roubaix. Throw in a little snow as well, it's not serious." - Sean Kelly
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'