MakkaMappa iPhone App

MakkaMappa
MakkaMappa Posts: 3
edited December 2010 in MTB general
Hi Everyone,

I'm one of the developers of the new MakkaMappa iPhone app - it's a (currently) free app that lets you turn any map image into a GPS-enabled map. You can visit makkamappa.com to see more about it.

I don't want to be seen as spamming the forum, but I thought some of you might be interested in it as it is currently free to use.

You can upload any map image to makkamappa.com, calibrate it with our online tool, then download it to your iPhone instantly. One of the best things about the app is that you don't need a data connection to use the maps so it's perfect for when you're out in places with weak phone signal coverage

We currently have a number of ski/snowmobile maps and thought that the app could be used for mountain biking trail maps - see where you are on the actual trail maps rather than just a satellite image.

It's entirely up to you which maps you upload, they can be hand-drawn sketches, or perfect geographically correct maps.

Thanks and I hope some of you have a look at it,

Michael

Comments

• tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    you should get makka pakka off 'in the night garden' to do an advert for you:

makka pakka, akka pakka makka mappa moo
    makka mappa wakka dakka ikka akka ooo!

just pay him a few stones (*)

(* only parents of young children and students/dolies will understand this)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    tsenior
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • I've just downloaded this and had a play at uploading a map of the Cannock Chase trails.
    Need to go out there and test it but it looks promising.
  • MakkaMappa wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm one of the developers of the new MakkaMappa iPhone app - it's a (currently) free app that lets you turn any map image into a GPS-enabled map. You can visit makkamappa.com to see more about it.

Michael

Any chance of an Android version making an appearance?
  • Any chance of an Android version making an appearance?

Soon to be available, according to their website
  • Just to confirm, we're planning on releasing an Android version in the New Year, but can't yet guarantee a release date.

Also, we have a fortnightly competition for the best map - the prize is £100 cash via PayPal. The first deadline is 20th December!

Thanks,

Michael