Problems importing date in to Golden Cheetah

joeyhalloran
joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
Hi, I did a work out tonight, 1 min on/1 min off at ~330W-350W for the on and ~150w-200w for the off (at least that was my intention). I loaded the data in to poweragent and the graph looks nice, big peaks and big troughs. It says my NP was 285W for the work out (not too shabby for me).

Poweragent (very annoyingly) asks if you want to clear your powertap after uploading and I accidentally clicked "yes". When I try exporting the file as .CSV and importing the file to golden cheetah I DON'T GET THE SAME RIDE, I just don't understand what it has done.

GC claims I did the "on" at around 250W-260W and the off at 230W-240W and as a result my NP is down to 266W.

1) is there a better way to import data files to GC?
2) will the difference in NP have a difference on my bikescore/Daniels point? (This is really why I am using GC, obviously i've done what i've done so a figure on the comp can't change my workout.)

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I didn't think Poweragent did normalized power.

Is there a new version of the software?
  • There may be, if you go into the power detail tab it has it there.

FWIW I have V 7.5.1.10 apparently.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Looks like there is a new version! 7.5.1.19 downloading now :)

EDIT: Doesn't launch at all. Great. :?
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Hi, I did a work out tonight, 1 min on/1 min off at ~330W-350W for the on and ~150w-200w for the off (at least that was my intention). I loaded the data in to poweragent and the graph looks nice, big peaks and big troughs. It says my NP was 285W for the work out (not too shabby for me).

Poweragent (very annoyingly) asks if you want to clear your powertap after uploading and I accidentally clicked "yes". When I try exporting the file as .CSV and importing the file to golden cheetah I DON'T GET THE SAME RIDE, I just don't understand what it has done.

GC claims I did the "on" at around 250W-260W and the off at 230W-240W and as a result my NP is down to 266W.

1) is there a better way to import data files to GC?
    2) will the difference in NP have a difference on my bikescore/Daniels point? (This is really why I am using GC, obviously i've done what i've done so a figure on the comp can't change my workout.)

Take a look in the 'Editor' tab and see if the data looks correct ... look out for red wiggly lines underneath any of the values.

If you can, send me the file and i'll take a look to see if there is anything untoward.

More likely is our obsession with not ignoring pauses... the NP algorithm tends to ignore <30s pauses which often inflates NP quite markedly. Its a strategy to overcome issues with drops in recording -- in GC if you didn't record it, it didn't happen :)
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    edited December 2010
    How can I sent you the file? I did briefly stop (about 10 seconds) but I wouldn't have thought it would change the whole ride profile?

and surely ignoring 0 values would mean the NP would be higher wouldn't it?
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Joey,

Check your PM inbox - sent you my email address.

Cheers,
    Mark
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com