Bianchi Band-on width

mclarent
mclarent Posts: 784
edited December 2010 in Workshop
Hi all - need to change the front derailleur on my Bianchi, but not sure which band-on size it takes. I have a Via Nirone. Anyone know the size or where I can find the information? Thanks!
"And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
- eccolafilosofiadelpedale

Comments

• brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Take the one off that you want to change, the size should be printed on the inside.
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    As above or just measure the seat tube diameter.

Why ask others to do it for you :?
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • mclarent
    Thanks brin. Bike's still ridable, so would rather not break it until I have to(!) and with a few Bianchi fans on here was hoping somebody might know the answer...
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    There are three band on sizes:
    28.6 if you've got a steel frame
    31.8 if you've got a non-steel frame with a 27.2mm post (non-shimmed)
    34.9 for everything else - generally taking something like a 31.6mm post
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mclarent
    There it is, thanks guys appreciate the pointers.

FWIW, I make the seat tube as 11.2ish cm with my highly inaccurate tape measure, which means I need a 34.9 front derailleur.