Campag cassette - which model??

nochekmate
nochekmate Posts: 3,460
edited December 2010 in Workshop
I have recently bought a bike and I am in the process of stripping it down and selling some of the parts.

The cassette is 10 speed Campag 11-26 but is there any way of telling which model. I suspect that it is Chorus, as were a number of other groupset parts but I can only see Campganolo markings. Is there any way of telling whether it is Veloce/Centaur/Athena/Chorus or who knows maybe I got lucky with Record :lol:

Any advice appreciated. Can post pics tomorrow

Comments

• MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I believe Campy dont make a cassette for every groupset, they make a few in different finishes or materials and mix them into the groupsets.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Download the Campagnolo spares catalogue from their website as it has the breakdown - higher models have clusters of sprockets on aluminium carriers whereas Mirage / Veloce are individual sproackets. Record cassettes generally feature titanium sprockets whereas Chorus is all steel (?) - it also depends on model year
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • 11-26? Not sure, but I don't recall ever seeing that as an option in the Campag listings.

Here's the tech specification for the various cassettes:

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/10s_Sprockets.pdf

They do 11-23 and 11-25 in the Record and Chorus series from memory and you used to be able to get an 11-21 as well, although looks like it was dropped from the 2009 listing. In the "cheaper" lines, it was 11-25 or 13-26, but not 11-26?

Yours may be a mongrel mix.

As Monty Dog notes, the Record ones have the 4 largest cogs in titanium, while Chorus are all steel, and longer lasting for that too.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS