giant geomtry sizing

slumdog
slumdog Posts: 3
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
i want to but giant defy 4 but dont know what size to get

i usaully ride 53 cm seat tube and i am 5ft 7inch with 32 inch insid leg

please someoen advise does anyone ride giant with similar height and inside leg as me

get back please

Comments

• phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    The top tube length will be of greater significance. I am 5'8" and ride a medium TCR, but I've always had top tubes of around 548mm to 550mm. Do you not have a chance to test one out at a dealer?
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • not really got chance as all the bike shops that stock them close to em are only having medium size.

i usually ride 55 54 cm top tube which would mean medium, i have had done bike fit old style bike fit years ago and it says 53 cm seat tube which is 21 inch in old money which i waht i use d to buy and ride.

my last winter bike was 53 cm 55 and half cm which is correct.

just worreid about seat tube on giant.

am only inch of your height as ia m 5ft 7in
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    It's a compact design, so does that really matter? Sounds like a medium would suit you. FWIW, I tried a small and it felt small. Medium was spot on.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    I,m 5'9'' and ride a Medium. That said I can get away riding the the wifes' Small with a longer stem. Cav rode a small with alonger top tube. Goggle it for all the exact measurements. Hope this helps. But it is worth the bus fare to try one out. Check out your local Giant Store. 8)
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Remember that the size of the top tube is far more important than the seat tube, when it comes to measuring Giants.

Whatever you do, don't let the shop owner take one look at you and say, 'you'll probably want a large' :roll:

However, for what it's worth, I'm 180cm (5'11 or 6'. Whatever the hell it is in imperial. I don't care), and ride a medium TCR. I do have quite a lot of seat post showing, but it's not even close to being maxed out. I recommend sitting on one, and playing around with the position until you're satisfied.

PEdro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • This page on Giant's website might help with comparison of compact frame and conventional frame sizes:

http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/us/050.000.000/050.600.100.asp
  • clx1
    clx1 Posts: 200
    At 5' 7" you need a small, a medium will be too big.
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    haha i read the title and was expecting you to be about 7 foot tall