Fork Maintenance RS Tora SL

ali69er
ali69er Posts: 35
edited December 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I have been riding with the RS Tora SLs on my bike for over 12 months now, they squeek a little when I push them hard, i normally spray some GT85 on the part that rides into the fork, don't know the name, I hear there is a small resovoir underneath the brushes on the two arms, what do I need to put in there and will some oil/lube solve the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    GT85 and any spray lube is a NONO. the propellants can dry out and rot the rubber.

you should be wiping with a rag and a drop or two of Fork oil or a Teflon enriched lube.

sounds like time to send away for a service. Or download the user manual and the service instructions from Srams webby.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • they need a full strip and service, and replacement seals as the gt85 will probably have caused your current seals to swell/rot...
  • I know loads of people who use gt85 on them, surprised so many people are wrong, so I will start with a good fork lube, can I use the stuff for motor cycles or is it bike specific?

The forks feel firm so I dont think there is anything much wrong with them apart from the squeek. The SRAM guide to them wasn;t that helpful.