Just a suggestion...

adamdavi3s
adamdavi3s Posts: 280
Hi All,

I do not wish to overstep my mark here so this is merely a couple of observations based on my small amount of time trading on here and a large amount of time trading on other forums, as not meant as negative criticism in any way shape or form!
These may also have been made previously and if so then I apologise for wasting your time.

The first is something I imagine would have been suggested previously, but what about splitting the Sales forums into further 'child' forums?
The reason I say this is due to the shear number of adverts that go through the site, advertisements do not hang around on the front page for long, and it is easy to loose track of threads (buying or selling) if you forget to use the subscribe option!
It also makes it hard to browse for specific items, you can only get so much in a thread title!
Why not split them into bikes / parts / clothing / accessories?

My second is a much more controversial suggestion but could save work for the moderation team. Another forum I use on a regular basis have totally disallowed trading via PM, with all sales being conducted on the thread and only payment details (i.e bank details and personal contact details for both buyer and seller) being exchanged via PM.
This means that everyone on the forum is entirely aware of the status of the sale, any issues with the sale and avoids disputes between potential buyers / bidding wars being done in secret!

Please flame away.....!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    1. not possible at this time. and people still have issues putting sales and wanted in the correct section as it is.
    2: impossible to monitor so impossible to impose.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • No problem! I suspected as much, I was just putting it out there!!