Anyone know where the details are and when entry opens
Specialized S Works Venge
Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• Did this years event and desparetly want to do 2011, entry didn't open until about Jan for this years event so guess the same for 2011.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Whats this event all about then? Curious. :D
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    I'm interested in this too, although I am wondering if it'll be TransWales again and not, for example, a TransScotland? Is the overall event not part of the TransUK series and maybe goes to differing areas throughout?

Nowt wrong with Wales obviously (although Scotland is better :wink: ), but just wondered if it would be somewhere else for 2011.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • titus4t
    titus4t Posts: 33
    I've photographed the event for the last 4 years.

I put together a little slideshow of pics from this year's event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30973426@N06/sets/72157625036825839/show/

There are also features in the current editions of Bicycle Buyer and MBUK and in the forthcoming edition of XXC magazine.
  • I did the 2010 trnswales and it was a fantastic tour. It's basically a weeks MTB holiday with short race sections within the day's riiding. Each day is around 5 hrs riding. £500 gets you 350 miles of signed Welsh trail with food stops along the way. Post race bike wash and then a quality meal far beyond what I could have expected. Then it's camp down for the night before a full cooked breakfast and off again for more thrills, spills, mud, rock and rain. I can't wait til August 2011.
  • D4V1D
    D4V1D Posts: 233
    titus4t wrote:
    I've photographed the event for the last 4 years.

Nice photos :D
    I'm not a racer, but I like to churn out 2-3hr rides,
    I love Cannock and Llandegla cycle parks.
    Cube Acid 2010
    Upgraded RockShox Reba RL Forks, twin air.
    Updrade RockShox dropper seat post.
    Went tubeless DIY style using a 20" BMX tube. Lasting well.
  • chris13
    chris13 Posts: 148
    I have wanted to do it for last 2 years and as great as the event is and great value, i cant afford the £500. Maybe in next couple of years :cry: