Giant TCR Advanced ISP Spacers - where can I get some?

Sairknees
Sairknees Posts: 14
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
I have a Giant TCR Advanced Team time trial frame from 2007/8

I need some spacers for the Integrated seatpost clamp. I contacted Giant and they will only offer me the clamp, bolt & spacers as a kit for £120 :cry:

I obviously don't want to pay that when all I require are a few spacers 2.5mm, 5mm, 10mm to play around with.

Does anyone know where I can get some?

Comments

• Might seem daft to ask but have you tried a Giant dealer rather than Giant themselves. I've got an Advanced SL 3 which has a blue anodised seatpin bolt which I wanted to change for a silver one. I was told by a dealer that the only way to get one was to buy an entire clamp and it was going to be £47 quid.

Needlesss to say I didn't bother but it might suit you. Other than that there's an ebay shop called andyclive who seems to stock plenty of Giant derailleur hangers so you could try him.
  • Thanks, but I'm now sorted. Kirky at Bob Jacksons can order me some spacers on their own.
  • are you the original owner?
    do you have any of the ISP cutting left?
    that's what i use - the spacers were a faff cuz i needed a few of them plus i have to take the saddle off to get the bike in the car and they'd always scatter all over the place.
    so i took the off-cut, sanded it down to the perfect height - eh voila

that was 3 years ago and I've never wanted to adjust saddle height since.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Yup,

Frame is in the LBS at the moment waiting to be cut. I had intended using the offcut as a backup plan, although wasn't sure about the integrity of the slim offcut. But sounds like it will do the job if required.
  • Hell, a 20p piece fits in there. Don't ask me how I know this but I had a stack of 2 of them in there a few summers ago when I lost one of the spacers in some grass after a race. (real issue is a need a bigger car, but with a 80cm bb to saddle top measurement my parents are also partly to blame).

Stick with it, the Giant ISP set up was one of the first mass market and one of the best still. I have a 2006 TCR Advanced and have 2x 0mm setback clamps plus 1 with 1.5cm setback the Giant rep at the 2006 TdF gave me - really nice guy.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.