Live weather update.....

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Heavy snow falling in central Glasgow.......
Should make for interesting commute with it on top of the 6 inches on the outer reaches of Glasgow. New batteries in Knog Beetle....
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• We keep getting flurries south of Nottingham, in the middle of another right now.

So far only a couple of inches have fallen and the wind is still northerly, but definitely easing
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    edinburgh has been snowing on and off all day....not too heavy....but getting quite big again now.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Still nothing here but sunshine.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • bristol is grey and gloomy but no more snow yet.
  • doogee
    doogee Posts: 82
    No snow falling as yet to the west of Glasgow, whatever Wallace is seeing in the centre can stay where it is until I am home in about an hour. In fact the sun is currently shining over the shipyards!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Off now.... though the gathering gloom is coming in.

Any Doogee, you not been out on a Monday night for a while :? Too cold for ya?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • doogee
    doogee Posts: 82
    Any Doogee, you not been out on a Monday night for a while :? Too cold for ya?

Too Cold? Not yet! So far it's just laziness, no other excuses...
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Hail on top of snow on slush with bits of ice underneath
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Snow flurries throughout the day in Ipswich. Not really settling, though, which hopefully means that the slush on the roads is not freezing.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • 2" of snow South of Nottingham. All fell while I was on the way home and stopped 15 minutes after I got there.

God, you are a bastard. :roll: :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Just more snow/hail balls today, just right for turning compacted ridable snow into sheet ice.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.