Mods done:
-New schwalbe tires
-Reba travel change 100->120mm
-180mm disc front
-foamy grips
-KCNC seat clamp
-BBB Allen key skewers
-clipless pedals

Price paid before mods was equiualent to £685.

Comments

• Looks good
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Not bad at all, boardman do make some good priced bikes that look good!
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    How does the 120mm fork change the ride?

Nice to see another one amongst all the Pro's. :D
  • stoo: It's more steady in high speed, especially loose surface and high speed turns, which was the main reason, why I did it. And naturally gives better control through roots and stones. I'm very happy with that mod.
    I did the decision between pro and team too, money was not the reason.
    I don't like white bikes, so there is first plus for Team.
    Only functional upgrade that Pro has over Team for me, is X.9 shifter. It has better feel than X.7. Otherwise, it's more cosmetical for me, Reba Race has nothing over SL for me, wheels have both pretty crappy hubs, Pro has just lighter rims. Ritchey Pro set is lighter than my Comp, but I prefer strudyness over weight here. Elixir brakes on Pro has carbon levers - I prefer feel of aluminium ones I have. X.0 rear mech on Pro is rebuildable and has carbon leg, which is prone to breaking. Stylo crankset on Pro is lighter and nicer. I prefer shimano as a crankset though, so probably will be getting SLX when bearings are gone.
  • Stoo61
    Hmmmmm maybe think about going to 120 then.
    Is there any issue with climbing?

Well of all the things you have mentioned im set for getting X9 Shifters and Front Derailleur. Got my Hope Pro 2 on Stans ZTR Flow rim front and waiting for funds for the rear.

Personally I wasnt a fan of the colour to begin with but it has grown on me big time. Ive stayed away from trying to go too OTT bling e.g. red annodized bits etc. Carbon is bling enough for me.

So far ive got almost solely aesthetic upgrades with performance upgrades coming in spring. Have had it 2 years after all. My BB is on the way out might need to get new cranks but would rather not have to fork out.
  • No big issues, if you set handlebar lower and adjust saddle angle and position. Maybe I have to lick handlebar little more on very steep climbs, but can't say.

X9 shifters are great. Personally I would not bother with derailleur, unless you get downswing.
    Wheels will be my upgrade too. Fulcrum RM5 maybe. Not sure yet.
  • Stoo61
    Ah but listen..."Full X9 groupset"...I want it. :lol:
  • Yep. Sounds nice :)

Some yesterdays pics... first snow this year.
    Put Schwalbe Albert instead for Racing ralph to the rear and gone biking after work :)

DSC04894.JPG

DSC04885.jpg
  • did you change the travel of the forks yourself or did you get your lbs to do it for you if so how much did it cost where. i have been wanting to do the upgrade in length for a while so i am interested :P
    o nice choice about the bike i have one too :D
  • I brought it to my LBS for oil change after season and tell them to remove spacer too. If you can do your oilchange at home, you can do this too. Otherwise I think your LBS will remove this for free when they are changing oil/seals.
  • The weather was fine today (-6°C and no wind) so i took my bike for a little spin. Everything works fine, even forks and hydraulic brakes. Tires work like a charm on hardpacked snow.

DSC04904.JPG

DSC04910.JPG
  • where did you get your tyres from. and how much did they cost ??? :wink:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 6633_n.jpg
  • Front one is Nobby Nic Kevlar bead with snake skin protection. Price is 950CZK which is about 32GBP, I run this one all year. (In a summer with Racing Ralph kevlar at rear)

Rear one is cheap Schwalbe Albert with steel bead. Only used when autumn is muddy and during winter. Price is 300CZK which equals roughly to 10,5GBP. El cheapo one, but quite good.

Both are from LBS.
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    Sweet looking bike, I am looking at making similair mods on my team...
    I just wanted to know, where did you have your travel change done? :?: