• nahhh im gutted i can make it :(

but hopfully some of the gaffers wont :lol:
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I work less than half a mile away, suppose I'd best get on my way lol
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I think I could probably get there, it's all downhill. Easier if I had a sledge! But maybe not so easy to get home
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I had an awesome ride in this morning.

No cars about anywhere + most roads have not been gritted + mainly downhill commute = Big Skidz! 8)
  • Northwind
    I just been out with a ruler, 14 inches of snow on my road. That'll make pedalling tricky
    Uncompromising extremist
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Awesome commute this morning once I'd made it to the main road. Very little traffic, heating on 25°, tunez, warm & toasty lurrrrrrrrvely...
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I live 0.7miles away from where I'm working this aft, so if more snow arrives I'll be walking.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I'm not going into work today. But that's mainly due to me having the day off rather than the weather...
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Northwind, WTFU :lol:

Or go out riding and do it Andy Wardman style :wink:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Today I will be changing the oil in my forks for something that doesnt turn to jelly below 5deg C.

Then I will be a man and go for a frosty, fast ride.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    My job involves driving a 3 tonne, rearwheel drive, automatic van round narrow streets....they will expect me in because massive supermarket chains dont care about anything but money.

No chance of making it though.
  • I managed the 7 miles to work with no real problems. The roads are perfectly clear, so I don't think anyone has an excuse round this way really.
    I did manage to fall off on some hidden cobbles though, so that was fun :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    we've all just been sent home from the yard, first day back 2hours work and im back at my flat already
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I only live 2 miles away from work, the location manager will normally make an assessment and let everyone go early though. As there's no snow here, that's not gonna happen
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Unfortunately 1 mile from work so no excuses today, although a quiet day for the obvious reasons.
  • Northwind
    I've just been out for a walk, which was nearly long enough to have got me to work. I might not mention that tomorrow.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Foobies
    Foobies Posts: 134
    Weather was fine this morning at 6. 6.45 comes and the snow/hail/sleet/thunder and lightning/tornado sweeps in, yea, that's right, a freaking tornado in Falmouth!!!!! Mental. Then went for an epic snowey ride on work time as the delivery driver wouldn't take the van out to deliver peoples prescriptions, so it was down to me and my dj bike with bald tires, 25psi did the job though :D
    2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4
    2016 Bianchi Ethanol
    2015 Bianchi via nirone 7

2018 Boardman ADV 8.9
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! Are we the only ones not getting snow in the shithole country?!

If I dont get snowed off at least once this week i'm stealing a plow and TAKING some from up north. :evil:
  • Still no snow in Blackpool so I'll be in work tomorrow :( but on the plus side it means i should be able to drive to Manchester on Sunday to get my new bike :D:D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,880
    I'm not going into work today. But that's mainly due to me having the day off rather than the weather...

+1

had a great day off, took the birthday boy (six today) to school and went swimming with the three year old. Then did the school run with the new bmx in the boot for the birthday boys first go :)
  • I got to work at 06:25. I was fuming all the way, if it wasn't for the drivers not really driving, it was pedestrians walking on the road.
    I mean, C'mon I live in a small town. The same lazy drivers who beep at me in the fine weather were holding me up today. Scared 2 guys sheetless by riding straight between them, the gap was big enough and they were walking in a straight line so I took a gamble.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    D-Cyph3r wrote:
    OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! Are we the only ones not getting snow in the shithole country?!

If I dont get snowed off at least once this week i'm stealing a plow and TAKING some from up north. :evil:

Well, that seemed to work:

2010-11-30100725.jpg

A good 2-3" when I woke up at 5:30, binned work off but we were all up we decided to drive to the park and play in the white stuff:

2010-11-30073122.jpg

What he lacks in arms he makes up for in....

Got back about 20 mins ago and it hasn't stopped so it's about 4-5" deep in some places now. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be off again and I can get out on the bike. :o
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    We had about 1cm on the cars this morning, but it's pretty much all melted now. :(
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    we have snow, it isnt enough to stop me from getting to work but consider the fact that my job involves burying bombs for people to find, the snow makes it difficult to do succesfully, so im having a lovely day off.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    meh.

i have 18 inches of shnee in my back garden..but the gritters must have dumped the contents of bonneville on the roads, because they are just slushy.

people of edinburgh....MTFUHUHUHUHUHUCK....UP
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Still nothing in Blackpool, some re-frozen slush on the car this morning and frost on the ground, but no snow!!!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Took the bike to work today, was pretty heavy going! Probably would've been easier walking.
  • Northwind
    Yeah, had to do a bit of portage today, just no prospect of riding extended bits. Most of the main roads were pretty clear though, I'd have been a danger on the road bike but the rigid mountain bike did the job. Probably about 1/10th as many cars on the roads as usual but since that 1/10th was going constantly sideways it all balances out.

Man I love snow, but this is slightly too much love!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Looks like I'll be walking to work tomorrow anyway!