The hunted training vid

longster
longster Posts: 53
edited December 2010 in Road beginners
Just done this for the second time is it just me or is it a killer!!!! Another brilliant vid from sufferfest. Makes the turbo almost fun if you haven't tried them give them a go.

Mark

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Yes mate. Log on. Buy the session and download it to your PC.
    As long as you have the right software, you can then burn it onto a disc so you
    can play it on your DVD etc.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    just a case of paying via paypal and downloading it yea?

It comes as an MP4 file, I only have a cheap portable DVD player in the "TurboRoom" so have to convert to DVD format and then burn which takes 3-4 hours but is thenn all good.

To the OP yes I agree it hurts like hell. The short sharp shocks of Angels were ok but this just winds it up and up and up.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Have a look about and you might get some free programs to convert the file. I didn't in my rush to have a go at it and spent about $40.
    It's hard as you make it with the perceived effort. I was dying on Angels with the attacks but when I finished I didn't feel as knackered as I thought I would so know I can go harder on the next one.
  • RC856 wrote:
    Have a look about and you might get some free programs to convert the file. I didn't in my rulsh to have a go at it and spent about $40.
    It's hard as you make it with the perceived effort. I was dying on Angels with the attacks but when I finished I didn't feel as knackered as I thought I would so know I can go harder on the next one.

Yep its all about perceived effort the last 5 mins of the hunted is a toatal killer but angels and fight club are also brutal.
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    All the Sufferfest vids are good (including Revolver as well)

They make those turbo sessions that bit more unbearable :twisted:

Those last efforts on Hunted 50/10,40/20,30/30........just about finished me off
    I was right on my max HR (well within 2)
  • I have just downloaded Angels, and I am enjoying this more than all the other vids (Im not sure enjoying is the correct word though)

Really good vids, couldnt do turbo work without them!
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I prefer the tunes on Angels but The Hunted definitely leaves me hurting more.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • It is chicken oriental!

I am having a few days off, have been having palpitations I think maybe I have overdone it a tad have Downward Spiral, Fight Club and The Hunted. Maybe a few too many sessions..... :?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I've just bought a turbo and was looking at the Sufferfest workouts. I know this sounds a bit vague but how is the routine structured? By cadence? Speed? Heart rate?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    how is the routine structured?
    By Perceived Exertion on the "Sufferfest Scale" where:
    1 = sitting on sofa eating pizza
    7 = steady time-trial effort
    10 = about to heave your lunch / seeing stars etc.
  • CHRISNOIR
    Bronzie wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    how is the routine structured?
    By Perceived Exertion on the "Sufferfest Scale" where:
    1 = sitting on sofa eating pizza
    7 = steady time-trial effort
    10 = about to heave your lunch / seeing stars etc.

Cool, I'm at 1 already!
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    It also gives you a cadence to ride at.
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    Just finished The Hunted this morning for the 3rd time.

I find it a real good one - There's not much that would motivate me to spend the best part of 50mins on the turbo at top z4/ z5.

The high cadence "recovery" after the climb works really well to keep my hr nice and high while still managing to let the legs recover before the 10min slog to the end.
  • CHRISNOIR
    jonmack wrote:
    It also gives you a cadence to ride at.

Ah right, so a speedo with a cadence-meter is a must, yeah? And a sick bucket...
  • Ah right, so a speedo with a cadence-meter is a must, yeah? And a sick bucket...

speedo - not necessarily. Most people have an idea of what cadence they're pedalling at, just check your 'usual' out and increase/decrease a tad as applicable.
    Sick bucket - yes, a good idea. I'm contemplating the quad this weekend, so a wheelbarrow to get me back to the house might also be a wise move.
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    I need to download the hunted, might do that this weekend and then hit it next week...
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    A speedo is definitely useful for the interval based vids eg Downward Spiral as it allows you to control your output to keep the power roughly constant for the intervals over the session (provided of course that you do not adjust the resistance!).

Not really so much use for The Hunted though..