History of Flandria bikes and Team

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited November 2010 in Pro race
Great site here:

http://www.flandriabikes.com/

Browse through the History, Heros and Videos sections - superb site, great history and black and white vids, one featuring Tom Simpson
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Great history - but the nearest those bikes got to Belgium was probably the plane flying from China to the UK might have flown over it. My Bosch fridge is more Flemish in comparison as it's got a bottle of Duvel inside..
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Great history - but the nearest those bikes got to Belgium was probably the plane flying from China to the UK might have flown over it. My Bosch fridge is more Flemish in comparison as it's got a bottle of Duvel inside..

Thats a bit harsh IMO, the vast majority of bikes are from china nowadays. Nowt wrong with that.
    A bit like last weeks cycling weakly had a group test won by a DeRosa R848 which looks exactly like a Ribble Stealth which in turn is the same as a Pedalforce. Of course the "italian" paint job and decals seem to be rather expensive :roll:
    I actually like the look them and the geometry is perfect for me.Certainly would make a nice change from the common Pinarello's or Cervelo's.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    I think that what Monty Dog means is that it appears a UK-initiated recreation of a historic brand that folded long ago to tap into the fashion for retro cycling goodies, thought up in the UK and produced somewhere East Asian (rather than a long established Belgian bike brand shifting some of its production East)
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Granted. Still like the look of them though :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Their story about Pollentier's exclusion from the '78 TdF is somewhat different to the accepted version.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.