Worst cycling product idea ever?

Lordmooch
Lordmooch Posts: 23
edited December 2010 in The bottom bracket
http://www.jerseybin.co.uk/

£3.49!!!! or I could go out and buy 100 zip lock bags for a quid.

is this serious? :?:

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Not bad, just expensive.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just use the empty ones that my Zipvit stuff comes in...
  • maddog 2 wrote:
    Not bad, just expensive.

+1 on that one - get down to tesco or whatever your nearst supermarket is and buy from them!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Me too - the ZipVit bags are a winner!
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    maddog 2 wrote:
    Not bad, just expensive.

+1 on that one - get down to tesco or whatever your nearst supermarket is and buy from them!

Hmm... I import all mine from the US or Canada as I've not been able to source any suitable standard zip lock bag from a UK supermarket, none are of a sufficient standard to match the genuine zip-loc branded bags.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    I nominate Breezeblockers http://www.breezeblockers.com/gallery-aero.php# They look like breasts on your handlebars
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    How come the twin pack costs 1p more than buying two singles?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Why is the one photo showing all the gels etc. kept in a bag? Bit of a pain when you want to eat and it's not like a gel pack getting wet is a problem!
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    I actually like the concept of those breeze blockers - purely from the cold wind deflection point of view, the aerodynamics have not been thought through properly at all.

Give 'em credit though - seems they were very thorough in their measurements.

I quote...

"To measure core temperature (Tc) participants inserted a rectal probe 10 cm beyond the external anal sphincter."
  • tbh i'd rather & did pay the extra & get this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-caddy-sack-tool-bag/ as i don like saddle bags 8)

think maybe the custom ones might be cool for a club or lbs :wink:
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I use the zipvit bags too, but they get tatty quickly.

Our cycle club found a local stationer did similar bags, ripstop type clear plastic, with real zips (small pencil case type) for under £2.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The problem with the Zipvit bags is you have to consume the contents...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think i just lobbed the contents of my Zipvit pack ! I'm still on my first one for the phone. No problems yet.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    phil s wrote:
    I nominate Breezeblockers http://www.breezeblockers.com/gallery-aero.php# They look like breasts on your handlebars

Should be Breezeknockers then :lol::lol::lol: ................ :roll:
  • Jibberjim - Join costco they sell ziploc's there.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Surely bloody iPhone mounts - just put the twatting thing in your saddlebag and enjoy the ride instead! I have to qualify my comments by saying I used to be a slave to the mobile and a workaholic but no more. I also have an iPhone4 so it's not a jealous snipe either :wink:
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    AndyF16 wrote:
    Surely bloody iPhone mounts - just put the twatting thing in your saddlebag and enjoy the ride instead! I have to qualify my comments by saying I used to be a slave to the mobile and a workaholic but no more. I also have an iPhone4 so it's not a jealous snipe either :wink:

I'm just sarting to be a slave to the mobile and a workaholic. Can I have your old stuff?

I don't get the iPhone on the handlebars, I do tend to keep my hands free kit on me though.
    Wire easily runs from my back pocket, and the mic sits just out the top of the jersey.

If someone could make a hands free kit that had a good waterproof earphone (only need 1), coupled with a waterproof case for my phone that let the cable out, I'd probably buy it.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Personally I use supermarket carriers.

Re (I-)phone bar mounts, it's rare but I do occasionally put my Nokia on the bars so I can see the GPS without having to stop and scrabble around in the back pocket at junctions.

Bob
  • Those "clip-on helmet sun visor" things they advertise in the back of CW for about 15 quid !! Looks like a bloke in his shed has been knocking `em out. Has anyone ever bought one :?
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2