Making your own Clif Bars

Cyclingcowboy
Cyclingcowboy Posts: 65
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
Has anyone ever tried making their own Clif Bar or other type energy munchy?
-The Cowboy

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

"Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of 3000 miles per gallon." ~Bill Strickland

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Yes, they're fairly easy to make and there are recipes all over the web.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    I made variation of these:

http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2010/03/ ... ar-recipe/

They're tasty and did the trick on an 80 mile ride.

Cheers.

Rob
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Maybe home versions can only be better.
    I find Cliff bars 100% untasty and a pain in arce to get into on the bike, even both hands trying to undo the foil wrap.. it's as if they dont want you to eat 'em up... and after munching I can see why.

I like Bounce protein balls though - just love the almond variety.
    bounce-protein-ball.jpg
  • I've given up on most of the retail energy bars and make my own flapjacks (google will give you loads of recipes), varying the flavour by adding choc, nuts, fruit etc. They take 15mins to make and 30 mins to bake. I freeze them and then liberate a couple the night before a run. Delish.
  • JGSI wrote:
    Maybe home versions can only be better.
    I find Cliff bars 100% untasty and a pain in arce to get into on the bike, even both hands trying to undo the foil wrap.. it's as if they dont want you to eat 'em up... and after munching I can see why.

I like Bounce protein balls though - just love the almond variety.
    bounce-protein-ball.jpg

I'm not a fan of energy bars myself, but I've jsut recently discovered the Clif "Cool Mint Chocolate" flavor. It's downright addictingly good! No funky aftertaste either. Also, if you open them before hand and stuff them in your jersey pocket, it works a lot easier :)
    -The Cowboy

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

"Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of 3000 miles per gallon." ~Bill Strickland