Colnago C59 Italia

Pretre
Pretre Posts: 355
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
Picked this little beauty up today - replacement foy my crashed De Rosa Merak. The pictures don't do the stunning paintjob justice.
Pictures aren't that great as it's way too cold to stand around outside for too long & it's also very grey today - I'll try & take a few more when the sun next comes out (next year, probably!)

5210989673_78a2a6d0b3_b.jpg[/img]

5210988599_f32113fa1d.jpg

Frame: Colnago C59 Italia (GDBL)
Forks: Colnago
Bars: FSA K-Wing Compact Carbon
Stem: FSA OS99 CSI
Headset: Colnago/FSA
Bar Tape: Colnago - white

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Force
Front Caliper:SRAM Force
Rear Brake Lever:SRAM Force
Rear Caliper:SRAM Force

Shifters:SRAM Force
Cables: SRAM
Front Mech: SRAM Force
Rear Mech:SRAM Force

Seat: Specialized Toupe Gel
Seat Post:Colnago carbon fibre
Seat Post Clamp: Colnago

Cranks: SRAM Force
Chainring(s): SRAM Force (50/34)
Chain: SRAM
Cassette: SRAM Force (12-27)
Pedals: Time i-Clic Carbon
Bottom Bracket: SRAM

Wheels: Shimano Dura-Ace WH7850 C24 CL

Tire: Conti GP4000S

Accessories: Considering a couple of Colnago carbon fibre bottle cages but can't decide on black or white...

Weight: 7.2kg :D

Other info: A few spacers on the bike - just to mimic the position on the De Rosa - which should gradually come off over the next 3-4 months.May upgrade the wheels in the new year.

Great service from Maurice, Jason & Mia at De Ver in Streatham - highly reccomended!
Check out Maurice Burton's Twitter feed in the next day or so to see a pic of me with the bike in the shop.

I haven't actually ridden the bike yet - not sure that riding a brand new, very expensive, bike in the icy conditions at the moment is the best idea - but will post my thoughts when I have done so

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Did you get it on the insurance money for the crashed bike? Wondering about insuring mine but it is soooo expensive.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    That's rather nice,love the blue down the forks.
  • Pretre
    Scrumple wrote:
    Did you get it on the insurance money for the crashed bike? Wondering about insuring mine but it is soooo expensive.

Yes - M&S home insurance. Costs about £320 for contents (I'm in a flat) - unnamed item (frame is a single item, wheels are single items, etc) up to £4,000, anywhere in the world.
  • Pretre
    Thanks for the kind comments - just a pity it's so grey & at the moment so it doesn't look it's best..
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Stunning frame and so not a winter bike.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    Congratulations - fantastic looking bike - the photos look good - but these bikes look even better in the flesh (so to speak). I'm sure you'll love riding it (as and when the weather allows).

Have fun

ScottieP
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Now thata s cheeky little number! Looks great...mine should be with me in three weeks!
  • Pretre
    Now thata s cheeky little number! Looks great...mine should be with me in three weeks!

What colour are you getting?
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    Very nice indeed. I share your frustration at not being able to ride your new toy as I have built up my own C59 today....

Enjoy it when you get the chance!

Rich
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Beautiful, but even more beautiful with Deda zero finishing kit in white? How does it ride?
  • Pretre
    bencolem wrote:
    How does it ride?
    No idea - quote from my original post "I haven't actually ridden the bike yet - not sure that riding a brand new, very expensive, bike in the icy conditions at the moment is the best idea - but will post my thoughts when I have done so"
  • Very nice!
    I get mine in a few weeks, same colour as yours too :) Have you ridden it much yet? If you have any more photos I'd love to see them, not many photos of the GDBL colour scheme floating around...
  • I`ve seen one of these framesets in the flesh and your right pictures do not give it the justice it deserves.As a rule I`m not a big fan of colnago(long story).But i`m a fan of the C59 it just has that thing about it. 8)
  • Pretre
    Thanks for the comments.

I've added a couple of white Colnago carbon bottle cages - took ages to find somwhere that had them in stock. I'll have to consider some Colnago clothing as well now..

I still haven't ridden it - a combination of weather (ice/snow & then rain/wind) & some on-going issues after my April '10 accident. Hopefully soon :)