Overshoes

turnerc99
turnerc99 Posts: 61
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
Cam anyone recommend a fairly thin pair of overshoes? I'm looking for windproof more than anything else - most of my riding tends to be in the dry, so waterproof isn't the main concern. The last pair that I had rubbed on my cranks, which is why I'm looking for thin.

Cheers

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I've not found the perfect solution myself yet though I need water and windproof. Pro NPU and BBB seem to be the most convincingly recommended overshoes in general as far as I can see.

Anyway, crank rubbing issue - could you not move your cleats a little further inward? Then the shoe would be further from the crank. Might help a little.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I'll certainly try moving the cleats a bit. The annoying thing is that I spent two months trying to work out where the noise was coming from before I worked it out!

Thanks for the suggestions - if I try any of them I'll post on here to let you know how I get on
  • I have 2 pairs of these. They are very thin, and I find I need to wear 2 pairs of socks during the winter to stop my feet from falling off. But they ride better than the thicker equivalents. I've washed them a few times now and seem to have held up pretty well. My shoes are size 10 and the large size fits over these perfectly.
  • I've got some Endura MT500 overshoes. They are actually quite thick but as a result are totally windprrof and keep my feet toasty and warm, even in the current tempatures
  • Eager overshoes.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/eager-oversh ... -prod7044/

They roll up to about 15cm x 3cm diameter, small enough to put in a jersey pocket alongside say a windstopper.
  • badwolf wrote:
    ....They are very thin, and I find I need to wear 2 pairs of socks during the winter to stop my feet from falling off.
    Buy some oversocks.
    http://www.defeet.com/product.php?id=166
  • I second Fatherted. Eager overshoes are the ones to buy. In fact they are probably the best windproof and most waterproof overshoes you can buy - and I have tried and been disappointed by a good many better known brands over the years. They also fold up small.