wiggle - weekend offer - disappointed

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited December 2010 in Road beginners
So wiggle have an offer this weekend where you get upto 20% off...sounds great, only problem is they have removed certain new items from the site so you cant get them with the discount! the one which springs to mind is the garmin 800!

never had a bad word to say about wiggle, but this is really disappointing. why say the offer is across all items only to remove certain ones?!!! :x

Comments

• badhorsy
    badhorsy Posts: 107
    I was thinking the exact same thing - 20% of a nice new Edge 800 would be awesome.
    Just checked Wiggle though, they've completely removed all traces of it from the store!

A little cheeky....
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    Wiggle is one of those companies where you will never get a bargain.

Example:

The Garmin 500 has 10% already off, so you would think you would get it with another 20% off, that is not the case, you just get another 10% off. Hardly a bargain as I bought it for £199 last year.
  • redvision
    im just really disappointed. had nothing but good things to say about them until this.

wait and watch the edge 800 reappear on tues after the 20% offer has finished!
  • so who do we blame.....
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    so who do we blame.....

Do they begin with W? :D
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's true that their prices aren't always the best. But sometimes they are, especially when they offer bigger discounts.

I can't believe some people are complaining because a shop is having a sale! :roll:
  • Like a lot of people I take Wiggle's sales and platinum membership with a pinch of salt. Some good bargains do come around (2010 Focus bikes a few months ago springs to mind), but double check all the same.

Best bargains I've had this year were 3 pairs of shoes from Planet X, I'm still kicking myself for not being greedy and buying a dozen pairs.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Agree, and shock of shocks they aren't reducing prices on everythig.

How dare they!

Yawn................... biggest non story of the day.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Has anyone told SPEED_KING?
  • Aidanw
    Aidanw Posts: 449
    They give me sweets so therefore they are the best ;)
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    Sale is crap if you're already a platinum customer as you only get the balance of the saving, ie 8% not 20%
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Just out of interest what are the criteria for platinum membership and is that 12% discount? I'm apparently a gold member - wasn't he in Austin Powers?!
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    And I didn't get any sweets today!
    ;)
  • I agree completely.

I placed £124 worth of gear in my basket last night, then applied the 20% discount code.

What did I get ?

£9 discount !!!

WTF - How is that 20% ???
  • Oh, and I'm a platinum customer

It's a bit like Sky where they seem to favour new customers over established ones
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    ??? When John Lewis or any major bricks+mortar retail outlet announce a big sale, it's unusual that absolutely everything is included in the headline discount rate. What Wiggle are doing is no different from any other outlet.
  • redvision
    CiB wrote:
    ??? When John Lewis or any major bricks+mortar retail outlet announce a big sale, it's unusual that absolutely everything is included in the headline discount rate. What Wiggle are doing is no different from any other outlet.

maybe, but would those retailers pull certain lines off their shelves whilst the sale is on?? because thats what wiggle have done with items they dont want to be included.

plus, find it amusing that they have pulled the garmin 800 from the site yet they have a garmin competition at the top of the gps page, with the edge 800 displayed!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Is the garmin out of stock ?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    It may have had something to do with Garmin not wanting it reduced so soon.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    This is outrageous !!!
    You should contact Speed_King and ask his advice aout complaining to Wiggle !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    pinotnoir wrote:
    I agree completely.

I placed £124 worth of gear in my basket last night, then applied the 20% discount code.

What did I get ?

£9 discount !!!

WTF - How is that 20% ???

It's not 20% off your already discount platinum price. It's 20% off the FULL RETAIL PRICE.

So you normally get 12% - they top it up by 8% to give you a total of 20% off.

Everyone remain calm - they do other sales over the coming weeks. One of them is usually £20 off (and off the discounted price).

And a lot of bike shops don't do ANY sales at all.
  • rob-D
    rob-D Posts: 18
    I blame SPEED_KING.....
  • I like to blame anyone but myself :lol:

Well so my wife tells me
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    Wiggle seem to have increased some of their prices!? I bought a dhb base layer about 3 weeks ago its now £5.99 dearer!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Pokerface wrote:
    It's not 20% off your already discount platinum price. It's 20% off the FULL RETAIL PRICE.
    Must confess I was confused by that for a few moments after a few glasses of red yesterday evening when I added 50mm DA 7850s to my basket. :oops:

Stil tempted to pull the trigger at £885 though. :twisted:
  • They're trying to shift stock. The edge 800 is brand new and doesn't need the price slashing.
    When they had the tour de france 1 section on sale each day the gps section only had a couple of units included and no garmin products at all.
    The original email did say the discount applied to "List" prices as in before any discounts.
  • redvision
    irturner wrote:
    They're trying to shift stock. The edge 800 is brand new and doesn't need the price slashing.
    When they had the tour de france 1 section on sale each day the gps section only had a couple of units included and no garmin products at all.
    The original email did say the discount applied to "List" prices as in before any discounts.

i got my edge 500 during the tour sale so not sure your correct on that one.
    plus, you say they are trying to shift stock, and the edge 800 is brand new and doesnt need price slashing, so why can you get the new range of focus bikes with 20% off??

im not complaining that they are having a sale, im complaining because the sale is supposed to be across the site yet for the duration of it they have removed certain products! why not just say they are excluded?? somehow it feels like wiggle are cheating us!
  • Is it worth mentioning that CRC have 10% off this weekend? :?
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge.....
    Argument is an exchange of ignorance...
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Must confess I was confused by that for a few moments after a few glasses of red yesterday evening when I added 50mm DA 7850s to my basket. :oops:

Stil tempted to pull the trigger at £885 though. :twisted:

DONT

Planet X have them for £799

Great wheels I have them, good price as well. What I paid last Jan.

Wiggle have previous for upping prices when their sale takes place, work that out?!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    Stopped buying from Wiggle after I ordered arm & leg warmers. They were shown as in stock. They were not. Never got a straight answer from them. Took 6 weeks.
    Seems to me they are big enough to control a shareof the Market but not big enough to admit mistakes and deal with people as individuals.