Folding/mini track pump

condorman
condorman Posts: 811
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
Does anyone have a folding/mini track pump that they could recommend that would fit in a rucksack?

I had two punctures within five minutes of each other on Monday and found that with my mini-pump I couldn't inflate the tyre beyond 50psi so I had to limp to the nearest Evans to borrow their track pump. (Thanks to the roadie who stopped to ask if I had everything that I needed.)
Condor Pista
50x16

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    A frame pump is what you want.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    topeak ; road morph will inflate comfortably to 120 psi.
  • +1 Road Morph: had mine for over five years, still going stong :)
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • I know it may sound silly but the best pump I have found is my shock pump, small, will inflate anything and on ebay new.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BETO-Cycle-Shock- ... 53e481c208

Also bardged as Raleigh, it is small, screws on so easy in the cold and so easy to use.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • I have a Topeak mini morph which works but the seal has started to degrade.
    Its made to be easily replaceable but my local bike shops stock the pumps but not the spares though SJSCycles look to have what I need.

If I was buying a pump again I would look at Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative own brand pumps.
    They do one v. similar to the Road Morph.
    I have one of their track pumps and its excellent for the money.
  • I have the Topeak road morph but can't recommend - incredibly difficult to get and keep a good seal on the valve. Little pressure guage unreadable.
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    I carry a Road Morphe, but the Mini Morphe is better.
    Riding on 531
  • SimonLyons wrote:
    I have a Topeak mini morph which works but the seal has started to degrade.
    Its made to be easily replaceable but my local bike shops stock the pumps but not the spares though SJSCycles look to have what I need.

If I was buying a pump again I would look at Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative own brand pumps.
    They do one v. similar to the Road Morph.
    I have one of their track pumps and its excellent for the money.

Topeak are amazing suuppliers bet yoou would get a free spare if you wrote to them.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • thanks for the replies. I'll try the topeak mini morph, it certainly can't be any worse than what I've already got.
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • Ask to try it out in the shop before you buy it.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Lezyne road drive is a great mini pump - will top a genuine 100psi without too much effort.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.