Routes around Bath area

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited November 2010 in Routes
Got a final stage interview for a job in Bath, which is looking promising so far, so just looking for an idea on how much riding there is locally. I know South Wales riding is not far away, but is there much around for a quick blast before/after work without having to travel too far?

Cheers

Comments

• chojin
    chojin Posts: 67
    that's where the MBUK team are based, so there must be something close by?

The whole of Bath is one giant hill surrounded by trees, so there's bound to be something!
    2010 Cube AMS Pro 125 RX
    2010 On One 456ss, RS Reba, SLX, Juicy 3s
    2008 Giant XTC 3.5 (Sold)

2010 Cube Attention (RIP, stolen in September)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There is loads around the Bath area. Live2Ride in Frome run regular rides in the area and further away. I don't know any of the riding around the city but I know there is supposed to be loads of good riding within a few miles of the city centre.
    There is loads of singletrack in Longleat & the Mendips are not far away.
    The Wye valley & Forest of Dean are less than an hour away & Aston Court in Bristol has a trail centre.
  • wesk
    wesk Posts: 131
    I live in Bath, about 5mins walk from the train station. I've got a swift 19 mile loop from my front door which involves about 2000ft of climbing (and decending) and some really nice tracks. The riding is not of epic, north wales proportions, but I bet there's not many cities in the uk that you can get in some good riding with decent, 500ft+ decents and loads of single track in sight of the city centre! You'll not regret it and indeed, the Mendips are close for bigger hills, plus the Quantocks and South Wales being a short drive away.
  • wesk wrote:
    I live in Bath, about 5mins walk from the train station. I've got a swift 19 mile loop from my front door which involves about 2000ft of climbing (and decending) and some really nice tracks. The riding is not of epic, north wales proportions, but I bet there's not many cities in the uk that you can get in some good riding with decent, 500ft+ decents and loads of single track in sight of the city centre! You'll not regret it and indeed, the Mendips are close for bigger hills, plus the Quantocks and South Wales being a short drive away.

Dont suppose you have a route map do you?
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Cheers for the info guys, much appreciated. Hopefully I'll know by Monday!