1200 txts
unlimted landline
free web browsing / email
insurance

all for £25 a month but its a 24 month contract

I can also have any phone apart from the iphone

Is this a good deal and should I go for the new blackberry or nokia n thingy

Comments

• buy a pay as you go phone and tell them to bugger off imo! upto you mate. Try get unlimited Texts if you can managed to persuade them! Try getting a HTC DESIRE they are apparently really good phones with plenty of Cycling apps!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Its decent deal that but as was said above try to get unlimited texts (obv if you don't use 1200 in a month don't bother)

A 24 month contract is standard, but they may do a business tariff where you get a 12 month upgrade, which means you can get a new phone half way through
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    If you wanted an iphone, you can get £100 cashback from Orange (upgrades included) from Quidco
    http://www.quidco.com/mobiles/mobiles-co-uk/

If not, it's still worth checking out some of the deals on there.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    My Galaxy S is a £20/month upgrade from Orange, I "only" get 300mins+texts but I'm not sure how I'd go about using more than that.

Anybody here actually use 1200 texts a month? What do you actually say in them?
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I can't see the point of 1200 txts either but the inclusive mins seem very good
  • i like the look of the HTC Desire HD on Orange through Dial-a-phone - £22.91 a month with the handset coming free. Only comes with 300 mins, 500 texts and 500mb of data but i'll never use that much anyway
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • bompington wrote:
    Anybody here actually use 1200 texts a month? What do you actually say in them?

I use about 1400 or 1500. I live my life by text pretty much.

Also, I text ladies too :D
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    Pay as you go on my £5 handset for me.
    The trouble is I must rememebr to make a call, any call, every 6 months at least otherwise they lock the phone.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I only pay £15 or 20 per month (not sure which) and I get unlimited texts, 600 mins (I never use that many), unltd web & insurance on Orange....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Headhuunter
    louthepoo wrote:
    i like the look of the HTC Desire HD on Orange through Dial-a-phone - £22.91 a month with the handset coming free. Only comes with 300 mins, 500 texts and 500mb of data but i'll never use that much anyway

Meant to say that was with any handset exc iphone. When I last upgraded the woman at Orange said that unlimited web/email basically means 500MB as no one ever uses that much, although I think they may have been hauled up by trade descriptions on that as it's not officially unlimited...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I have a company phone......
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I think the deal is quite good but could maybe be bettered a little. If you're not going to use all the free calls / txts maybe try a few less but a shorter contract?

I dunno if I've just become more clumsy or phones are not made the same, but I struggle to keep my phone in perfect working order for 12 months let alone 18 or 24 months.
  • Headhuunter
    keef66 wrote:
    I have a company phone......

Work pays my bill but as a diligent employee I always try to get them the best deal....
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    just make sure the email actually works. I have NEVER managed to send email from any of my orange phones and NOBODY in the shops or on the helpline has been able to sort it out.

I am not the only one; a friend of mine who took the time to complain currently gets money back every month until they fix it.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    As a long time customer with Orange, it's sad that their phone model options in house are pants. I ended up buying a HTC Touch Pro 2 on 24 months contract from an independant outlet on Orange. I then transfered my number to an O2 PAYG card and then back to Orange on my original number. Very complicated but the only way it could be done. I'm not into i-phones but needed a smart phone that could run Race Chrono software for lap analysis. The HTC did that and all of the other things smart phones do but it's Windows OS based and therefore more business orientated. The new HTC Desire Z on Android is by all accounts the phone to go for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUeW6-HTtSU

My wife has an HTC Hero and we can both send and receive e-mail from our phones and we use a Sky e-mail address, which are notoriously difficult to set up.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    pneumatic wrote:
    just make sure the email actually works. I have NEVER managed to send email from any of my orange phones and NOBODY in the shops or on the helpline has been able to sort it out.

I am not the only one; a friend of mine who took the time to complain currently gets money back every month until they fix it.
    I have ALWAYS managed to send and receive email on ALL my orange phones (3 of them so far) and I have NEVER had any problems with it.

Just saying.