Rider down (last night) - Tooley Street

Alphabet
Alphabet Posts: 436
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Was on my way home yesterday and there was a cyclist on the floor surrounded by the ambos and the police outside the entrance to London Bridge Station. He was moving his legs so hopefully it wasn't too serious. Anyone know what happened?

Hope he's ok.

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    what time? didn't see any thing when I went past about 6.15pm but the roads in the SE have been insane this week, people seem to have lost their common sense due to lack of heat.
    Hat + Beard
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    probably about 5:30 ish. must've happened a while before as he was being dealty with already.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I didn't see anything when I went through at about 7 but I did see something at the northern end of Blackfriars Bridge, just as you enter the bridge from the northern side heading south, where the road curls round all that hoarding. I whisked round pretty fast but there seemed to be a bike on its side and a person on the road surrounded by a few people and a couple of other bikes leant up against the hoarding and a little further on, a moped or motorbike.

Not sure if the motorbike had perhaps clipped the cyclist or something. I must say that as you come round the bend, round that hoarding you can't see much of what's coming and motorcyclists tend to whizz round there pretty fast and tight, fairly close to the hoarding, if a cyclist was slightly further out than usual, perhaps over taking another cyclist, I wouldn't be surprised if a motorcyclist moving excessively fast could have clipped him or her.

Anyone else see this?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,817
    I saw the ambo there at 6.15...