Rock Shox Reba air pressures?

antonl
antonl Posts: 3
edited November 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
OK, so I am back on a bike after years away, a CUBE GTC all very pretty but very little info on setting up the forks.With the pop lock on they fell like old elastomer forks and with it off, like a bouncy castle! I am wondering what pressures I should be putting in to the left had fork, top and bottom. I weigh about 16 stone. can any one help?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    read the info in the FAQs, to sum up, whatever you need to give the sag you want and then about the same in the lower chamber.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Great, this helps allot, thank you. Got to wiegh myself now (not good!!!!)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    why? just add air to get the sag you want, and then set the neg air.

read the topic in the FAQs your weight have nothing to do with it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    There should be a guide sticker on the shock or you can download a PDF from Rockshox's website.

I run slightly less than their guide.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Inflate the positive pressure to 150psi max and deflate until you acheive about 20% sag. Set the negative to the same and adjust in 5psi increments until you acheive the right feel. Reduce negative to acheive more bump sensitivity increase if too much.