What a suprise

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
The royal wedding date gets the headlines in front of the Korean shebang, should have known better, than to expect any difference.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    a good day to bury bad news.
    FCN 12
  • President Obama was awoken at 3ish in the morning with the news.

It's going to be on April 29th. :lol: Oh! and the North koreans are at it again if you're interested Mr president.
    Tail end Charlie

• neiltb wrote:
    a good day to bury bad news.

The wedding of William and Kate is not really bad news. :lol:

Good one, Frank.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    The upside is you can book 3 days annual leave* and take 11 days off work. Gotta love The Royals.

* 26-28th April - while stocks last
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    You old cynics.Just be happy that for a day next April we will be in la la land with the pixies&fairies :roll:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Great spot Bronzie. Just stuck it in my diary for tomorrow..."sort out long holiday for Easter".

What I hate is the media obsession with this nonsense. I really don't give a monkey's toss about the royals and neither does anyone else down my local, yet the media would have you believe something totally different. Blah, blah, blah to fill the 24 hours of "news".
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Bronzie wrote:
    The upside is you can book 3 days annual leave* and take 11 days off work. Gotta love The Royals.

* 26-28th April - while stocks last

Already booked for a week of cycling with the club flying over to Majorca - perfic!

Will I miss anything? 8)
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,714
    I'll be waiting for the leaked honeymoon video to start doing the rounds :lol:

I'll be on holiday in Devon that week so might try to take my bike and make the most of quiet roads for the day whilst the wife and inlaws go all patriotic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pross wrote:
    I'll be waiting for the leaked honeymoon video to start doing the rounds :lol:

I'll be on holiday in Devon that week so might try to take my bike and make the most of quiet roads for the day whilst the wife and inlaws go all patriotic!

That's what I did when is dad and the "queen of hearts" got wed. Spent the whole day riding my BMX (I was only ten)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,817
    The royal wedding date gets the headlines in front of the Korean shebang, should have known better, than to expect any difference.

Only for the tabloids.

Solution; read a proper paper.

The proper headlines today:

Telegraph: "All over-45s should take a daily dose of aspirin to protect against heart disease and cancer"

The Times: "Schools will have to meet tough new targets for raising exam standards or face being taken over" with a picture of Korea..

The Guardian: "The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has warned of the break-up of worldwide Anglicanism" with a picture of Korea..

As a side note; those headlines neatly show the idiosyncrasies of each paper.
  • The royal wedding date gets the headlines in front of the Korean shebang, should have known better, than to expect any difference.

Only for the tabloids.

Telegraph: "All over-45s should take a daily dose of aspirin to protect against heart disease and cancer"

The Times: "Schools will have to meet tough new targets for raising exam standards or face being taken over" with a picture of Korea..

The Guardian: "The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has warned of the break-up of worldwide Anglicanism" with a picture of Korea..

Actually I was refering to the TV news, sharp sh1t.
    Tail end Charlie

• I find it quite amusing that they have chosen my birthday & aniversary to wed, so I'm going to pretend all the fuss is for ME!!!! All you cynics out there can send your gifts to me instead. Now where is that bike catalogue?
    2 Wheels or not 2 wheels..That is not in question.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,817

Aw boo hoo. :lol:

I figured people normally refer to the lead story with the TV, and headline for the papers...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Only for the tabloids.

the TV news has counted as tabloid for 20 years, as anybody at all sharp would have realised...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    bompington wrote:
    the TV news has counted as tabloid for 20 years, as anybody at all sharp would have realised...

Most of it, yeah, but Channel 4 news still actually broadcasts news. BBC 4 world news is decent. Although the best news programme on TV these days is probably the Daily Show on More4.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709

Well far be it from the British press to report on news involving this country and our future king as opposed to a story that has rumbled on for the last 60 or more years in a far flung country virtually no one in Britain has been to or has any connection with
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    spen666 wrote:

Well far be it from the British press to report on news involving this country and our future king as opposed to a story that has rumbled on for the last 60 or more years in a far flung country virtually no one in Britain has been to or has any connection with

You are Neville Chamberlain and I claim my 5 pounds.
  • Oh, so I wasn't the only person to think that it would be a good day for a long bike ride :(

I wish them well, not their fault, just keep the noise down.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Just imagine the scene at Pyongyang Workers Palace

Dear Leader Kim Jong-il :" I'm so ronry, Im leaving this country to you dear third son and Brilliant Comrade."
    Brilliant Comrade Kim Jong-un:"Can I invade the south"
    Dear Leader Kim Jong-il :" Yes, but pick a good day for bad news"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Maybe Rickchasey can mince over to S.Korea and bore them to death before they kick off properly at each other. :D

I'd like to see that headline in a Proper Paper, pompous ass..... :roll:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    afx237vi wrote:
    Most of it, yeah, but Channel 4 news still actually broadcasts news. BBC 4 world news is decent. Although the best news programme on TV these days is probably the Daily Show on More4.

+1 to that.

And what do we have here... Rory Bremner. :(

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • finchy
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

+1 to that.

And what do we have here... Rory Bremner. :(

So am I alone in thinking the Daily Show is sh1te, and John Stewart's "humour" is limited to reading the headlines in a sarcastic voice and then stating the bleeding obvious?
  • ratsbeyfus
    No you're not alone... my brother in law dislikes John Stewart for being too 'shouty'.

Then again, mt brother in law is a borderline alcoholic. :D

@ratsbey
  • finchy
    :lol:

Have you checked out my link in the Champions League thread, ratsbeyfus?
  • ratsbeyfus
    Yep - much appreciated sir! Gone for freesport24

@ratsbey
  • finchy
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Yep - much appreciated sir! Gone for freesport24

You could watch football all day using myp2p - they also do most of the big bike races and some of the smaller ones as well as a whole platter of other sports. :D