Anyone wearing one of these, now it's a little chilly?

PostieJohn
PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
Just curious as to how well it fits, and if it's ok under a helmet.

http://www.solocc.com/product.cfm?cid=16&pid=41

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Maybe a buff would suit your purpose?
  • Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    Are the Possums caught with a rod and line. I wouldn't buy anything made from net caught Possums. :lol:
  • I'm wearing one of these http://www.lippiselkbag.co.uk/store/d60-musuc-bag/ I don't like the cold :lol:
  • Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    http://cryogenicsafetyclothing.com/

Ride into that space, man! :D
  • try wearing one of these - a snug fit, warm and keeps your hair dry

919zsi.jpg
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I wouldn't wear or support any manufacturer that sold a product which involved the unnecessary death of a creature when other materials are available.
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    I shall wait for the polar bear fur version which they hint at....
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    If it keeps my noggin warm i'd buy a hat made from Siberian tiger fluff, but for the time being i'll put up with the pink label on my rapha hat, which did its job well this morning!(the hat not the label).
  • I've got one (apologies, Velonutter). I like it - nice and warm, fits under a helmet easily enough. The only reservation I have is that it isn't really big enough if you have a ginormous head like I do - it doesn't cover my ears properly.
  • Velonutter wrote:
    I wouldn't wear or support any manufacturer that sold a product which involved the unnecessary death of a creature when other materials are available.

its ok they shave the possums in the summer then release them back into the wild and their hair grows back by winter! :p
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Velonutter wrote:

its ok they shave the possums in the summer then release them back into the wild and their hair grows back by winter! :p
    God damn it !!! That's what I was going to say :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    try wearing one of these - a snug fit, warm and keeps your hair dry

919zsi.jpg
    Nice wall paper !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Any cycling balaclava would be cheaper.
  • PostieJohn
    Any cycling balaclava would be cheaper.
    but not exactly aesthetically pleasing.
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Yeah I looked at the Campag balaclava but it's just too rapist looking - quite disturbing so I settled for the neck warmer
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • Actually possum fur/wool comes from all the road kill in NZ. My wife spent a small fortune on several balls of possum wool and knitted a rather fetching cardie for herself. The woman in the wool shop assured us it was the warmest wool available!!!
    Cube Agree GTC SL
    Trek 1.2
    Old custom MTB
  • Velonutter wrote:
    I wouldn't wear or support any manufacturer that sold a product which involved the unnecessary death of a creature when other materials are available.[/quote

Define "unecessary death". I take it you are a vegan?
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • Don't think the local New Zealand Wildlife would appreciate that attitude.
    Possums are a pest in New Zealand and they are trying to eliminate them. They were brought in for the fur trade but currently it doesn't matter if you wear the possum or not they are still going to be killed as part of the control measures.
    http://www.kcc.org.nz/possums
  • PostieJohn
    Bowden2017 wrote:
    Actually possum fur/wool comes from all the road kill in NZ. My wife spent a small fortune on several balls of possum wool and knitted a rather fetching cardie for herself. The woman in the wool shop assured us it was the warmest wool available!!!
    Oh great you take a possum that already has tyre marks straight down it's back, and I'm going to stick it on my head.