4x4 versus my bike

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited September 2011 in Campaign
Not sure where to post this but here goes.saturday just gone i was out in the country lanes with some new beginners who have not done much cycling,i was leading the group when a 4x4 came down the lane honked his horn and shouted how much of the f**k**g road do you want?i was at the front and he just edged 1 inch towards my bike and one of the girls had to lift my bike out of the way.i then said we are on our way, and he replied thats it go off on your little bikes,guttless b**ta*d on the monday when i was driving my 44 tonne hgv when i came accross the same guy as i was working for a local water company down these same narrow lanes. this time he was facing 44 tonnes so i put the window down and said this is that little cyclist you said go off on your little bikes too on saturday he s**t himself and i said you never know who are your gonna bump into again he was speechless i just told him dont do that to me again it made me smile :D after being angry a few days beforehand hopefully that will teach him.
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Nice one!

:D
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    yep +1 , nice bit of karma that :lol:
  • What goes around comes around as they say.

I too have had a very similar experience and I hate to say that I did feel a bit smug aftewards. So I hope you had that grin on your face for quite some time afterwards!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    I try to remind myself that the reason these idiots behave as they do is that they are usually sad, lonely, depressed, stressed, impotent and inadequate and they know it. A small proportion are just plain psychopaths with personalty disorders.
    They are also very dangerous and the law does almost nothing to control them. That is the frustrating thing.

I recall a pair of traffic policemenn saying 'bearing in mind the capabilities of the average person the amazing thing is not what they get up to, but that they are allowed conrol of lethal machinery at all.' They don't like it either.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Very good, but would have been so much more enjoyable had I not been puzzling over where one sentence stopped and the next one started.

Punctuation.

Capital letters.

It's not that hard. If you want to tell a story, surely a bit of respect for your intended readers would not go amiss.
  • Very good, but would have been so much more enjoyable had I not been puzzling over where one sentence stopped and the next one started.

Punctuation.

Capital letters.

It's not that hard. If you want to tell a story, surely a bit of respect for your intended readers would not go amiss.

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO PICKY?
    YOU NEVER KNOW HE MAY CHANGE IT FOR YOU.
  • ashley7 wrote:
    Very good, but would have been so much more enjoyable had I not been puzzling over where one sentence stopped and the next one started.

Punctuation.

Capital letters.

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO PICKY?
    YOU NEVER KNOW HE MAY CHANGE IT FOR YOU.

No need to shout, I thought my tone was quite reasonable; I don't think I'm being 'picky', I think the post is almost unreadable as is.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Very good, but would have been so much more enjoyable had I not been puzzling over where one sentence stopped and the next one started.

Punctuation.

Capital letters.

Thanks for that but not very good at punctuation,did not do that well at school in english :oops: but was excellent at sport that was the only thing i was interested in. :D
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Hi markyone

Excellent karma mate.

I also have a friend who is a keen cyclist and heavy Transport operative. He did similar to a chap in a VW Toerag who had a simialr attitude problem. However waited until said toerag driver had window wound down and positioned himself so the truck air horns are used to best effect.

Said driver $hat himself and probably wont bully any more of us for a while.

8)

Lovelly and well done!!!
    "Commuterised" Specialized Rockhopper Disc 2004.
    FCN #7 - Skinny tyres and Cleats.
    1962 Rory O'Brien Roadie Lightweight. (but heavy by todays standards!)
    FCN #4
    2007 Specialized Roubaix Expert.
    FCN # 1/2 - Cobbly racing tyres and MTB cleats.