B&B in the Forest of Dean

Rothsay
Rothsay Posts: 64
edited November 2010 in Tour & expedition
I am planning a 3 day jaunt around the Forest of Dean area for spring next year. Has anyone recommendations for cycle friendly B&B accommodation in Monmouth, Ross on Wye, or Cinderford?

Comments

• Monst
    Monst Posts: 26
    Hi this place

It's our Club (RDFCC) HQ and a fab pub..really cycle freindly...the Landlord is a club member.

http://www.fountaininnandlodge.co.uk/
  • Monst
    And it's 200 yards from the trails...pm the club, and you'll probably get guides to take you around!
  • ralex
    ralex Posts: 85
    This place looks pretty good, haven't stayed there but came across it when planning lejog earlier in the year. The hot tub looks perfect for recovering from the days cycling!
    http://www.stayattherock.com/#
  • Monst
    the rock is miles away from the forest proper.

Cycling friendly B&B for MTB/Road, that is bang in the middle of the Dean.

Fountain Inn Parkend
    Miners Arms Whitecroft

Everywhere else is too far from the Forest trails for MTB, unless you like to suffer lol, but ok for road etc.

I know, I live there!
  • ralex
    ralex Posts: 85
    Monst wrote:
    the rock is miles away from the forest proper.

Cycling friendly B&B for MTB/Road, that is bang in the middle of the Dean.

Fountain Inn Parkend
    Miners Arms Whitecroft

Everywhere else is too far from the Forest trails for MTB, unless you like to suffer lol, but ok for road etc.

I know, I live there!

Firstly, the OP doesn't mention MTB or forest trails, but is looking for B&B in Forest of Dean area, mentioning Monmouth, Ross-on-Wye and Cinderford. The Rock B&B is pretty much central in that area.
    Secondly, The Rock is no more than three or four miles from the 'forest proper', not exactly a long way on any kind of bike!
    Thirdly, a hot tub is enough to make it worth staying at!
  • Thanks for the suggestions they all look pretty good. We are planning to do three nights on a roughly circular trip with detours for places of interest. We will have full panniers but are not averse to a bit of off-road :) . The old railway lines look promising.