CAAD9

Sgt_Pepper
Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
edited November 2010 in Your road bikes
CAAD9-2.png

My few week old Tiagra equipped CAAD9

The only things I've changed are:

Continental Supersonic tubes and Schwalbe Ultremo R-1 tyres (a saving of almost 400 grams)

110mm Deda Quattro Stem

Charge Spoon Ti Saddle

Would really like some of the Mavik Ksyrium's that Whiteline has on his CAAD9, as they look awesome on his bike.
Will have to see how many penny's I've got at the end of the month.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    TheTick.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cool!

Like the white stem...
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Nice sofa! :wink::lol:

New bars too? Or did this beauty not come with FSA Omega Compact bars? I'd like to change mine for some bars with a deeper drop, but still maintaining the short reach of the Omega Compact bars.

White saddle and white stem with black tape?!

Liking the cable end caps too!
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Can't think where i got the sofa idea from :wink:. She'd kill me if she knew what i'd done.
    Also it's the only wall in the full place thats not full of crap.

Bought the Stem for my MTB but never used it.

The bars are just OEM Cannondales.
    Probly the only part of the bike i'm not really happy with, the D's are a little big. Was thinking about some different bars and new bar tape, but will have to find something i'm comfortable with first.

The cable ends are just a bit of heatshrink left over from my PC build.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Smart looking bike that.

The team colours look so much better than the Cannondale catalogue photos make out. I was torn between the Six 105 and the CAAD9. By chance someone had dropped their 105 triple in Liquigas colours in for a service when I went for a gander at the LBS and the blue is so much nicer than the picures make out.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Awesome, wish I had a CAAD9, the ride is so good on those but I forgot how good it was untill I'm using my winter bike now, like a bloody bone shaker it is.

I always used to wonder people people got off the saddle on the slightest bumps that I never felt on my CAAD9.
  • whl3254
    whl3254 Posts: 8
    Sorry I'm new to cycling and I was just wondering, does Cannondale only sell the CAAD9 in the Liguigas Team color in Europe or basically any country other than the US? I live in the US and have been looking at road bikes and I really like the color scheme of the Liquigas Team colors, but I could not find it in that color in the US.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    if you don't let me have your bike I'm telling your missus about the sofa :wink:

That is so gorgeous . I've been driving myself crazy this past month trying to justify the expense of buying A CAAD9 .
    Problem is I really can only barely afford a frame and there are none available on the planet Earth.

Could everyone just post pictures of their Cannondales please so i can drool

:roll:
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    haven't you got one yet either Nap? :roll:

Right now I'd almost settle for a CAAD5 if I couls find one. :cry:

thanks for linky
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    peanut wrote:
    haven't you got one yet either Nap? :roll:

Right now I'd almost settle for a CAAD5 if I couls find one. :cry:

thanks for linky

No, not sold my Litespeed. May well get a CAAD10 when they come out, we'll see.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Done my bar tape again, let's see how long i can keep it clean.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 0#16389040
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    How much have you spent on tape in the last week?! :lol:
  • Sgt_Pepper
    More than i've spent on the Girlfriend in the last ten years :wink::lol:
  • Ultremos look great, how do they perform?
    looking to upgrade my Blizzards to these or Mich Pro 3's (as mentioned in other thread)

feeling the cannondale love though!
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    New green on the bars looks great... Good call changing it... I bet you now have got wrapping bars down to a fine art!
  • So other than the GF the two main time consuming things in my life are Gaming (PC) and cycling, and i just dont have time for them both,

before being rash i'm weighing up my options, but what type of price could i excpect to get for my CAAD9 if sold.

(i'll just put it in the attic if it's not got much re-sale value)
  • Would you not get more if you sold your GF instead?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Lagavulin
    Keep the bike. Other than the Company of Heroes series (the greatest RTS ever) and perhaps a Call of Duty title what are you wasting your time on? :lol:
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    two main time consuming things in my life are Gaming (PC) and cycling

Might I suggest cutting back on the gaming instead of the cycling? Once you lose your fitness it's damn hard getting it back again. And that's SUCH a nice bike........
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Keep the bike. Other than the Company of Heroes series (the greatest RTS ever) and perhaps a Call of Duty title what are you wasting your time on? :lol:

As well as all the newish stuff, BlackOp's and BC2. I still play BF2, MW2 and also a lot of CoD4 ProMod. :)

I just feel like the bike's wasted sat on the landing not being used so much.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I just feel like the bike's wasted sat on the landing not being used so much.

So use it more ;-) Seriously, you might just be feeling that way because it's winter.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Lagavulin
    I had five weeks of the bike recently. From September 23 I didn't complete a pedal revolution till Sunday 31st October but since then I've once again become smitten.

I think you'd probably take a bit of a hit on the price and it is a heck of a bike to discard and perhaps a decision you might regret come spring.