Help for little project - best race action

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2010 in Pro race
Going to do a project for myself, what's everyone's favourite bit of race action from the last, say, 10 years?

Comments

• Evans on Strade Bianchi in the Giro this year was awesome.

Best finish was Cav (damn him) over Haussler in MSR.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,583
    Surely the most exciting, like it or not, is the 2003 tdf (stage 15?)climb up to Luz Ardiden...
  • I'm biased, so I'd have to say Giro 2005, Colle delle Finestre to Sestrieres.
    You may find a few contenders here:
    http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=11223

A similar theme being currently debated.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Anonymous
    Cool!

Cheers for that!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Liked Armstrong looking back at Ullrich and then going on the Alpe d'Huez at the 2001 TDF.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Evans gunning it to win the worlds in 09 was pretty good.

May I ask what your planning NapD?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Anonymous
    A little personal viewing (not 'personal' in the 'adult' sense!) to use on the turbo during endurance rides.

Want to get the best stages/ races to watch...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,583
    NapoleonD wrote:
    A little personal viewing (not 'personal' in the 'adult' sense!) to use on the turbo during endurance rides.

The sporza highlights of the Ronde are usually very good.

Ride like you're Boonen or Museuw - i.e. slamming it everytime they hit/are on a hill or attack.

It's the one thing that gets me going on the turbo.
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Or you could watch the 2009 Roubaix and see if you can fall off at the appropriate bits :D
  • Anonymous
    Right, I'll come out with it, I love the Sufferfest vids but now I'm getting coached I have specific intervals/warm up etc, I want to make my own personal version with my own (well, coach's) intervals and my own moozik...
  • Or the 2006 PR. At least you get to have a break.

000_Par704050alt.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    The final lap of the women's road race world championship from Varese 2008.
  • for the warm down/end of session you could have cancellara celebrating his 09 tt win at the worlds
  • Anonymous
    Good idea! I was going to have Cancellara descending in the pyrenees from last year as one of the recovery periods...
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I've just started playing about with editing video on the mac and have been thinking about doing the same thing. I'm also a big fan of The Sufferfest but fancy a few of my own video moments and some of my own tunes....probably take ages to do but a fun project for those nights when the mrs goes out and there is no football on tv!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Anonymous
    What I want to do are 3 vids -
    1 - 4 x 10 minute segments that will be flat, threshold training
    2 - 4 x 7 minutes for climbing
    3 - 4 x 10 mins of races with attacks for 'chain gang' training...

Will defo be using last year's ventoux for a bit of the climbing and the Eroica stage of this year's Giro for the one of the flat or attacking vids.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    NapoleonD wrote:

Will defo be using last year's ventoux for a bit of the climbing and the Eroica stage of this year's Giro for the one of the flat or attacking vids.

What you training for dude? Its a bit early for this kind of stuff or do you plan on using this next year?
    cartoon.jpg
  • jpb08
    jpb08 Posts: 20
    Armstrong at Sestriere, 1999.....(im not a fanboy, honest)....This clip, for me, verifies what we all know, but still great to watch...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCI
    Synapse SL Liquigas, Eddy Mercxx Flyer, Fondriest Evo Sat, Giant XTC, MKM Track. Merida Carbon team Multivan flx, Kinesis HT....
  • Anonymous
    Doobz wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

What you training for dude? Its a bit early for this kind of stuff or do you plan on using this next year?

I'm doing what my coach tells me to do.
  • Doobz
    fairymuff.. what you training for?
    cartoon.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Racing. I only have limited time so I have to make the most of it. Worked wonders for me this year!
  • Doobz
    ahh okay cool. 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Your in Cheshire? where do you ride!?
    cartoon.jpg
  • Anonymous
    4th! Only started this year having broken my leg badly last year. Ride mainly in the garage!
  • Doobz
    ohh okay.. Same here.. This was my first year racing started as a 4th and now a 2nd cat. We might have raced against each other.

Gutted to have to ride in the garage dude.. You ever get out into North Wales from the Eureka Cafe?
    cartoon.jpg
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    "And just who is that rider coming up behind? Because that looks like Roche. That looks like Stephen Roche! It's Stephen Roche who's come over the line! He almost caught Pedro Delgado, I don't believe it!"

1987 Tour de France - La Plagne. That's more or less in the past 10 years, right?
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Cancellara 2008 MSR, probably a bit short though!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Anonymous
    Doobz wrote:
    ohh okay.. Same here.. This was my first year racing started as a 4th and now a 2nd cat. We might have raced against each other.

Gutted to have to ride in the garage dude.. You ever get out into North Wales from the Eureka Cafe?

Never been there, supposed to be brill! Only did 2 BC races this year, one in Shrewsbury and one in Lancaster, and 3 TLI races. Scored some points at Lancaster but that's about it. Won my club's TT handicap points championship though. Next year my leg'll be a bit stronger so should be in reasonable shape.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Never been there, supposed to be brill! Only did 2 BC races this year, one in Shrewsbury and one in Lancaster, and 3 TLI races. Scored some points at Lancaster but that's about it. Won my club's TT handicap points championship though. Next year my leg'll be a bit stronger so should be in reasonable shape.

The Eureka cafe is great, its were everyone meets up and Anne and Keith are fantastic hosts, see loads of people there, Matt Brammier has been in there, Andy Wilkinson. Chris Boardman an his dad, Steve Cummings when hes home, Paul Manning has been in there, and the Port Sunlight Wheelers, best club this side of the ProTour......just got back in from North Wales, wasnt a good idea at the moment
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I would have to say P-R the year Knaven won in the rain: Wilf-the-Quif was out on a loan break and then the likes of Knaven, Museeuw etc following and behind them were a couple of riders one was Nico Matten who was wearing a red knitted hat. He looked at the camera and he was wet and cold but you could see if he was really loving it!!
    The stage in the Giro where they went over the unpaved road; the strade bianchi stage in this year's Giro and of course Pantani on the Galibier Tour stage 15 Grenoble to Les Deux Alpes 27 July 1998.
    Been thinking this one out while trudging to work in the snow. Libraries are sooooo essential!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Anonymous
    Cheers,

got the Giro stage...