Continually updated 'Here's my bike at .......'

StanwaySteve62
StanwaySteve62 Posts: 702
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
So to start off, 'Here's my bike at.... Marks Hall estate near Coggeshall in Essex

5191452577_58c610bc99.jpg

5191470429_f7afe55cd6.jpg

Comments

• ductions
    ductions Posts: 274
    The front half looks great. Now what about some photos of the rear end?
  • next time :D
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Tease. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Here's my bike at.....

The Galibier!

PoledancingonGalibierSummit.jpg
  • Anonymous
    And an old bike at....

Jodrell Bank

P1000758.jpg
  • great pics Nap, keep em coming everyone and NO OCD needed :D
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    5191470429_f7afe55cd6.jpg
    Hmm... what bar tape is that? 8)
  • Anonymous
    It's Spesh Classic, I have the white with black dots on my winter bike, very good stuff! Wipeable like Fizik microtex but padded...

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-S-W ... _32267.htm
  • Thanks for answering Nap
    had it put out on whilst in the shop having the cruds put on.
    .Funny story on the cruds.
    Bought them in the shop, guy said easy to fit even after I mentioned I had an Allez ( read on here hard to fit on the Allez) got home, opened the box, looked at the instructions and prompltly threw the bike in the back of the car to get the shop to fit (£5 & another 40 mile round trip)
    Anyway get home with them all perfectly fitted, popped the bike on to the back wheel to wheel into the house and caught the crud under the tyre and snapped the back off the the tailpiece :evil:
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    snapped the back off mine too...

My bike in the garage at 2am today:

sw_black_lg.jpg
  • Here's the back end at Chappel in the Colne Valley.
    Thought the Brooks deserved the Sepia treatment

5194709957_c036cb970f.jpg
  • And one of my fave little five minute stops to take in the view of the Colne Valley.

5194746363_8237725790.jpg
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Here's mine at the top of the Tourmalet
    4934515814_e8b105eab3.jpg
    Tourmalet
    And here's one at the bottom
    4752234927_c6e4eb5ba0.jpg
    Pyrenees 083
  • Damn, my pics look crap compared to all you 'col' guys :D
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Damn, my pics look crap compared to all you 'col' guys :D

If you look closely you'll see they were taken in different seasons. That's about how long it took me to climb the Tourmalet :D
  • long way to go before my first col. :D
    Was 19 + stone at start of 2010, down to 16.5 but would not think of a col until maybe 14.5 stone
  • Anonymous
    Can't remember where this was taken.

35664_403669270795_605860795_4824125_1909125_n.jpg
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Can't remember where this was taken.

35664_403669270795_605860795_4824125_1909125_n.jpg

White bar tape.
    Black saddle.
    And, oh, quelle horreur, a.. a... saddle pack????
    The shame!

Hmmmmm :D

Do you take your own podium on these climbs, or are they left there year round?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Thanks for answering Nap
    Bought them in the shop, guy said easy to fit even after I mentioned I had an Allez ( read on here hard to fit on the Allez) got home, opened the box, looked at the instructions and prompltly threw the bike in the back of the car to get the shop to fit (£5 & another 40 mile round trip)
    Anyway get home with them all perfectly fitted, popped the bike on to the back wheel to wheel into the house and caught the crud under the tyre and snapped the back off the the tailpiece :evil:

Crud gaurds = utter horse shit........ :evil:
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Anonymous
    Thanks for answering Nap

Crud gaurds = utter horse shoot........ :evil:

I disagree.
  • +1
    They do a decent job, add no weight, dont really make the bike look like a Galaxy and they keep the crud off our bits
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Thanks for answering Nap

I disagree.

Me also disagree.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    If you've a bike with uber tight clearances I'm sorry but I find them a god send. Having used both I find them a noticeable improvement on SKS Raceblades. If they do break and your claim is reasonable the manufacturer will replace the broken parts. Not sure what more you could ask for really. :(
  • after snapping the joining section on the main piece of the rear guard (own fault) i looked at the crud site who only wanted me to send six first class stamps to replace, did not seem too bad to me.
    Quite happy without the rear section though
  • Anonymous
    Well, this thread started with promise and seems to be getting derailled a fair bit :?
  • too right, my thread my rules, lets not talk about cruds anymore
  • OK, how about some more bike photos to get back on track...

5198392789_f56ac53321.jpg

Old bike at the church of the Madonna del Ghisallo at the top of the Colle del Ghisallo

5198393175_26c52d0978.jpg

Current bike at the Arenberg Forest :D
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Ah yes, the famous "I could ride all the way to top no problem, but need to take a photograph" excuse :wink:
    One hell of a climb, I thought Wrynose was way harder than both the Joux Plane and Colombiere. Going to try it again in March.