• Rear Shock: Fox Float RP23 BV 165mm
• Headset: FSA Orbit Z semi-Integrated
• Stem: Syntace F149 Oversized
• Handlebars: Syntace Vector 2014 318 Lowrider Oversized
• Grips: CUBE Ultralight Screw-On-Race-Grip
• Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RD-M772 Shadow
• Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX FD-M660, Down Swing, 34.9mm
• Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M660 Rapidfire-Plus, 9-speed
• Brakes: Avid Elixir R hydr. Discbrake (185/185mm)
• Chainset: Shimano Deore XT FC-M770 Hollowtech II 44x32x22, 175mm, Press-Fit BB
• Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50 11-32, 9-speed
• Chain: Shimano CN-HG53 108 links
• Wheelset: DT Swiss XPW1800 Wheelset
• Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25, Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
• Tubes: Schwalbe MTB light SV14
• Rim Tape: Schwalbe 20-559
• Pedals: Fasten Alu
• Saddle: RFR Natural Shape 0.1 M
• Seat Post: RFR Prolight 31,6mm Setback
• Seatclamp: Scape Varioclose 34.9mm
• Weight 12,10kg
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Oooh nice...

Needs a mud upgrade though.
  • It does indeed. It got delivered to work today in the worlds largest box! :D I shall take it for its maiden voyage as soon as possible :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • I happen to know you've wanted this since July. Glad it's finally a reality.

No more v-brakes then?
  • Haha :D I'm a rather happy chappy now to say the least!

It has been reduced on CRC for a while, so I just thought 'Sod it, this is what Credit Cards are for'. The V-Brakes will certainly be taking a back seat for a while. I want to upgrade the frame to something a bit more thrashing/jumping style, rather than another xc bike.

Definitely need to sell some stuff though to pay for this haha
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Mmm I'm jealous... I'm eyeing the AMS125 and the Stereo that CRC have as a replacement for my Meta which just feels too short (lengthwise) for me a lot of the time...

Not quite sure how differently the two would ride though...
    Offroad: Canyon Nerve XC8 (2012)
    Touring / Commuting: On-One Inbred (2011)(FCN9)

http://uninspiredramblings.wordpress.com
  • I didn't try out the stereo. I tested the AMS100 at BikeRadarLive and loved it. The frame I've got is a small (16"). I was going to try a medium, as was the sales rep, but the german mechanic then said "No, he has small legs" haha I'm glad he did though, the bike feels great with the shorter frame (my current bikes are too big for me really).

The 125 is a little longer than the 100, but you'd have to read up on the specs to compare them to your meta.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Lookin very nice. Lots of people are picking up the AMS's recently.
  • That's lovely - very nice indeed! 8)
  • Cheers guys! MountainMonster it's probably because CRC are selling off the 2010 models quite cheap. I actually rode one (a few times) at BRL, so I knew I wanted one like mad (as CWNT can testify) Didn't think I'd get one though if I'm honest.

I'm happy though. Think I'm gonna try clipless with this, though I'll be more careful with my knees this time...
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Niiiice 8)
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Cheers guys! MountainMonster it's probably because CRC are selling off the 2010 models quite cheap. I actually rode one (a few times) at BRL, so I knew I wanted one like mad (as CWNT can testify) Didn't think I'd get one though if I'm honest.

I'm happy though. Think I'm gonna try clipless with this, though I'll be more careful with my knees this time...

Glad the dream became reality though!

WIth clipless make sure they are set up properly and you should be fine. I have bad knees as well already, and riding clipless actually helps sometimes especially when riding over roots and such.
  • Yeah I shall pay a bit more attention this time. I use SPD's on my commuter bike, which I ride on roads, and all is well there. It seems to be when going off road that I encounter knee hell.
    Having said that, the only time I went off road with SPD's was when I first got them, and I don't think I set them up properly.

I can give them a nice test spin near my house where i can happily walk home if I don't get on with them :D
    Blender Cube AMS Pro