A smart phone that you can use as a phone

2»

Comments

• micken
    micken Posts: 275
    More access to the central processing system so that you can do things that you couldn't do before due to manufacturer's restrictions through the operating system that was pre-installed. On an iPhone it's called jailbreaking, and on that note I think I've now said enough. :lol:
  • I love my desire but it suffers from call drops quite alot, something that I dont get on the Blackberry.
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
    ^ never had that squillinossett.

I get varied O2 reception inside the house but that was the same on my Touch HD and previous mobile phones.
  • I love my desire but it suffers from call drops quite alot, something that I dont get on the Blackberry.

I was with orange and was getting sick and tired of poor reception in NW London so I switched to Vodafone and problem solved.
  • To be fair, whilst most things are excellent with the Desire, the quality of the speaker is not one of them, in fact its atrocious. It's poor at making hands free calls, and even when set to the loudest ringing volume its a thin tinny whiny thing that you cant hear over a flock of chattering ants. As for 'playing' music forget it, headphones only.

But, I can even use it to operate my PC media centre as a remote control. How cool is that?
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    As for 'playing' music forget it, headphones only.

That should be the law, anyway. :wink:
  • My service provider is 3 and I seem to ahve no problems except inside my own house - but then T-mobile, orange, O2 all seem to be problematic inside my house for some reason.