Colnago M10 just arrived !!!

2wheelobsession
2wheelobsession Posts: 50
edited May 2011 in Your road bikes
Get In !!!! M10 just arrived after 3 months waiting and am over the moon!! Cant wait to build her up now ....

First impressions ....

1) Doesnt ship with the seat post which is a bit annoying for a £2.5k frame. Especially as they do a matt carbon one to match!
2) I have read a lot about the Colnago paint quality and I am not saying that mine is bad but after all the hype I was expecting perfection and it just isint!! Some of the wrtiting is just not as crisp as i would expect.
3) Matt finish is good and will have to see how it holds up !!

Now for the build ... (ill post pics as i go along and report back on how she rides!)

Frame: Colnago M10 MASL 52s
Forks: Colnago Carbon
Bars: Cinelli Neo Morphe
Stem: Cinelli Neo
Headset: Colnago C-HS2
Bar Tape: FiziK Microtex

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Red
Front Caliper: SRAM Red
Rear Brake Lever: SRAM Red
Rear Caliper: SRAM Red

Shifters: SRAM Red
Cables: SRAM Red
Front Mech: SRAM Red (Braze On)
Rear Mech: SRAM Red

Seat: Colnago Z1 Race
Seat Post: Colnago High Modulus Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Colnago

Cranks: SRAM Red
Chainring(s): SRAM Red (Compact 50/34)
Chain: SRAM Red 1090R Hollow pin
Cassette: SRAM Red OG 1090 (11/25)
Pedals: Look Keo Carbon
Bottom Bracket: SRAM Red Blackbox Ceramic

Front Wheel: Fulcrum Racing Zero 2010
Rim: High Precision Aluminium
Spokes: Aluminium ultra aero
Hub: Carbon/Aluminium with ceramic bearings
Tube: Michelin Air Comp
Tire: Michelin Pro 3 Race (Red)

Back Wheel: Fulcrum Racing Zero 2010
Rim: High Precision Aluminium
Spokes: Aluminium ultra aero
Hub: Carbon/Aluminium with ceramic bearings
Tube: Michelin Air Comp
Tire: Michelin Pro 3 Race (Red)

Accessories: 2 x Colnago Carbon bottle cages
Colnago M10 (Builld in progress)
Colnago Arte "09
Mongoose Maurice Fixie
LaPierre Zesty 714
Commencal Meta 5.5.1
Suzuki GSXR 750

Comments

• ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    Good news - keep us posted with pictures and ride reports please - very interested in hearing your experiences as I haven't found any other reviews on this bike yet.

Have fun.

ScottieP
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    oh, was hoping for a pic. Looking forward to seeing some soon.

Re paintwork - A friend at my club bought a Colnago Flight and it had the Italian flags missing from the paintwork. Someone else has one at the club and it had them!
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Yes, keep us posted and some pics would be great!
  • good news on the arrival...not so good on the paintwork. :(
    bummer about the seatpost too...some sites show it as being included and others don't...guess yours didnt, but might be worth checking with your supplier? (you probably already have!?).

still waiting for mine...although havent been waiting as long as you have. :?

can you post some pics of the paintwork issues?

hope the rest of the build goes smoothly!
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    2242132459_cfde3e7a6c_o.jpg
  • WOW - sorry guys !! I had just received it at work so couldnt take pictures straight away but here goes!

I started a test build last night just checking that all fits nicely and there are no problems! Sorry about the busy photos but i was working in my garagae (freezing and raining outside). I will be doing the proper build over the weekend and will get better photos outside then(weather permitting)

PB170437.jpg

PB170439.jpg

PB170441.jpg

PB170440.jpg

As for the paintwork - i think i may have overracted a bit. Once i had it all out and on the stand it looked amazing. I also had to remind myself that this is a handpainted frame so it is bound to have some imperfections (character). Almost embarrassed to post pictures of what i was referring to now as it shows just how anal I am .. :-)

See the overspray on the A ...
    IMG_0590.jpg

The a and the R have been patched
    IMG_0591.jpg

Sorry again for the photos but will definitely post better ones on the weekend!

Enjoy

J
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Err I wouldn't clamp the frame into the stand like that!

Very nice btw.
  • Ooops - rookie error !! I am used to working on big mountain bikes!! Am i meant to be clamping onto a seat post ??
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yes.
  • Knew i would do something wrong !! I even lined up the cranks and the wheel decals!! :D

I will take the post off my other bike in the mean time!

Cheers guys!
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Lovely frame, but isn't it a shame they highlight the (on this class of frame very much to be expected) "Structural Routing" in such OTT lettering :?
  • I dont hate it but do think its a bit unnecissary! Its not like its the first bike to have it or thats its a new invention! Atleast the changed it from "Internal Cable Routing" :D

On the whole though I dont think it takes much away - in person it looks stunning! (not biased - honest!!)
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    some people even go to the extremes of lining up the tyre logos with the rim logos....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    edhornby wrote:
    some people even go to the extremes of lining up the tyre logos with the rim logos....

Yeah Nap... ;)
  • scootmagloot

Do you have any examples of sites that include the post?
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    edhornby wrote:

:oops:

Lovely frame BTW
  • 2wheelobsession
    was going to say maestro specified it on his website, but I cant see it now (its included in my order though for the same price as is listed there). Same for the C59 and EPS Mike includes the seatpost for his prices.

http://www.maestro-uk.com/colnagoPricelist.aspx
  • matterai
    Very nice looking frame. Look forward to seeing the full bike when done.
  • Finished the test build last night and will get to the nitty gritty of tightening, greasing, shortening everything this weekend. So Far so good though - everything going on like a dream - i just cant believe how light it is (will get the scales out once its completely done) but my god! I know my other Colnago Arte is not a full carbon fibre bike but i never expected the difference to be so big! Will report back with weights after the weekend but for now here are a few more pics (taken this morning in my garden so slightly better quality!)

No seatpost yet - they wanted to sting me £180 for the colnago one so have gone with the Cinelli Neo to match my bars and stem!

PB190443.jpg

PB190444.jpg

PB190445.jpg

PB190446.jpg
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • matterai
    Nice!
  • matterai
    Nice!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Think you need to move the shifters up the bars a bit....
    More problems but still living....
  • Everyone's a critic :D

Nothing is set up at this stage just put together to get an overall feeling - will need to set the hoods once i have the seatpost and saddle on. Hopefully all of that will happen on Sat and then weather permitting will go on its maiden voyage on the sunday club ride!

Report to follow!

J
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    Shipley wrote:

Tyre logos should line up with the valve. Them's the rules.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Lovely 8)
  • Lig
    Lig Posts: 178
    edited November 2010
    Really, Really nice looking machine....

Cant wait to see it complete!! Winstanleys are usually good for Colnago parts and can usually get stuff from windwave with 10% disc. Still expensive but worth the Colnago post!!

I know what you mean about the finish, but it does give it a kind of 'handbuilt' quality doesn't it?!?!

Lig.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    As for the paintwork - i think i may have overracted a bit. Once i had it all out and on the stand it looked amazing. I also had to remind myself that this is a handpainted frame so it is bound to have some imperfections (character). Almost embarrassed to post pictures of what i was referring to now as it shows just how anal I am .. :-)

See the overspray on the A ...
    IMG_0590.jpg

The a and the R have been patched
    IMG_0591.jpg

J

Looks like its going to be ace! I cant believe that's the finish on a £2.5K frameset though. I dont think you over reacted. I would be on the phone to them to ask for a replacement. I would be livid it that was mine.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    All handed painted....fantastic!
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Yes all hand painted............badly.

Are you really going to accept shoddy finishing like that? The price of the frame and the the fact it's a prestige brand is irrelevant the fact is it's just not anywhere near good enough. Frankly I am shocked and very disappointed that would be allowed to be delivered to a customer!
    If that were a boredman from halfrauds it would not be acceptable and everyone would slag them off but because its italian it's "character"?

The price is just to add salt in the wound!
    :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Bill-87
    Bill-87 Posts: 155
    I'd send it back, lovely frame all the same though.