wellgo mg1 ti axels

Paulkingk
Paulkingk Posts: 689
edited November 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi i recently purchased the ti axel kit for my mg1 pedals. I threaded the axel of the cromo spindle which buggered up the nut too. I cant find a nut that will fit on the right hand ti axel had a pair of nuts off some old halfords flat pedals which both screw on to the left hand axel but not the right. where can i get the correct nut does anyone know what the correct nut would be? :oops:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    left hand thread.

talk to your LBS they may have some old pedals you can rob.

or buy some more normal steel axles and use the correct one there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I thought that the nuts would be the same for both sides, just they screw on in opposing directions...
  • nicklouse
    leaflite wrote:
    I thought that the nuts would be the same for both sides, just they screw on in opposing directions...

think about what you have written.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • is it a bit odd the the nuts i took off the halfords flats both fit the left hand axel . surely one of those should be reverse thread?
  • nicklouse
    nope some have RH thread both sides. (normally the originals for ease of prduction) and the aftermarket ones have a LH and a RH thread.
    like these
    img0373j.jpg
  • Oh cool i was worried for a bit there. to be honest my lbs is probably worse than my local halfords so pretty sure i wont have much luck. any idea where i could find what i'm after online?
  • nicklouse
    same place that you got the Ti axles from.
  • Hmm Hong kong!? not sure about that postage maybe a tad silly for a bolt. do you know if it would be metric? then i could just order one from like screwfix or something.
  • Powers
    Powers Posts: 86
    If the pitch is 1.0 then here you go

http://merlinmotorsport.co.uk/product_i ... m=Shopping
  • will this do it?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=2292
    i,m getting pretty desperate. been riding a carrera subway all week coz i couldn't face putting the cheap shitty pedals on my ex7
  • nicklouse
    measure the thread and see.

is it M7 or.....
  • How do you measure it... Do i just whack a vernier over the threads
  • Ok took the ti axle to work today measured it with a vernier and a tpi gauge. if you ever need axle nuts for your mg1 ti axle upgrades you will need an m6 metric fine with a 0.75mm tpi. One left hand thread and one right hand thread. Oh and by the way they are virtually impossible to get hold of in the u.k. I'm having to order some from china. thanks for all the help guys. i hope this also helps anyone else who goes for this upgrade.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Pretty sure that's the same spec of nut as is used on Suzuki gear selector rods- one righthanded, one left. So if you've got a Suzuki motorbike dealer nearby it might be worth a look.
    Uncompromising extremist