pannier JOGLE

09phillt
09phillt Posts: 17
edited November 2010 in Tour & expedition
In August/September I'm planning to ride JOGLE and I was wondering how much pannier capacity I will need. I was thinking around 40 litres or so, but I wanted to know what you guys think. And how much stuff you think I will actually have to take. For reference I will be doing exactly 1000 miles and taking about 14 days as I am touring the country and not racing down.

Comments

• priory
    priory Posts: 743
    you need to say whether you are camping or hostelling/bandb because there is a massive difference.
    camping you need a couple of full size panniers and strap the tent on the rack top and usually have a bar-bag. lightweight tour varies from a seat pack to a small throw-over pannier which I prefer because it gives you a place to stash easily all clothes and shopping in hot weather.
    thus

lighter than it looks

FILE0072.jpg

camping

10scotland2010140.jpg
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • I'm going to be doing a mix of wild camping and staying in hosts houses hopefully.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    You may be able to do it with 2 std rear panniers and a bar bag, depends how much cooking you intend to do.
    On a non-cooking, 2-week camping tour I managed to fit a Gelhert Solo tent + bag and pad inside the pannier bag so my rack top was empty.